• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC ??

AndyJM58

NES Member
Hi Guys... I sent in my renewal application in
early April. My ltc expired 6/25. What do I do/can I do now?

Thanks

Do you have your receipt? You can carry just don’t buy. Make sure you carry your receipt showing you renewed before expiry.
Yes, he can also buy/sell assuming he runs into a FFL who can read English and comprehend the few sentences on that receipt (not many are capable).

This..... was just going to suggest it myself. Next time send it in four months prior? I'm certain that the process has very deliberate delays, passive aggressive ball busting !
I did my last renewal 6 months in advance.

But I digress.....op.....as long as the LO gave you a receipt you not a criminal lol...... So just wait.

This..... was just going to suggest it myself. Next time send it in four months prior? I'm certain that the process has very deliberate delays, passive aggressive ball busting !
The delays are definitely on the town not the state end. I got my last renewal back from Haverhill in 6 weeks.....so if your running into long delays on a renewal....... It's your town f***ing you over not the state.

My local PD gives you a letter when you renew that allows you to buy, sell and transfer, if your new CCW doesn't show up before your expiration date. I thought all PD's did this now.

I waited 5 months before a few years back, calling after the 3rd, 4th and 5th month for an update. Only to be told on the phone after the 5th month that I was denied (after having an LTC for 28 yrs and being an active LEO). Never received a letter or any calls on it. Just “ya you're denied” over the phone.

I got a little heated and the LO ended up hanging up on me after a few minutes of me berating him. So doing my due diligence I started looking at his background, only to find out that he had served time for armed robbery of a gas station AND armed home invasion, both as a juvenile (some of you will know him) and he lied on his paperwork.

I had an attorney present these facts to his boss, and 2 weeks later a nice little old lady called and told me I could come pick up my license.

He is no longer a LO for that town.

Good luck and don’t just take no for an answer if it ever happens.

My local PD gives you a letter when you renew that allows you to buy, sell and transfer, if your new CCW doesn't show up before your expiration date. I thought all PD's did this now.

MGL requires it, but we all know how seriously PDs take MGL when it says THEY are supposed to do something!!

I waited 5 months before a few years back, calling after the 3rd, 4th and 5th month for an update. Only to be told on the phone after the 5th month that I was denied (after having an LTC for 28 yrs and being an active LEO). Never received a letter or any calls on it. Just “ya you're denied” over the phone.

I got a little heated and the LO ended up hanging up on me after a few minutes of me berating him. So doing my due diligence I started looking at his background, only to find out that he had served time for armed robbery of a gas station AND armed home invasion, both as a juvenile (some of you will know him) and he lied on his paperwork.

I had an attorney present these facts to his boss, and 2 weeks later a nice little old lady called and told me I could come pick up my license.

He is no longer a LO for that town.

Good luck and don’t just take no for an answer if it ever happens.

I like the way you roll!

we're lucky in my city, we work with a civilian lady who works the ltc applications and renewals. she has to leave the room to get to your printed receipt and will remind you not to leave until she gets back with it. making conversation I asked what happens if someone does leave. she'll call them, they have the option of coming back to pick it up or they'll mail it out next business day. refreshing compared to some of the things I've read.

Back
Top Bottom