LTC - Woburn - Restrictions

Hello,

I have had an LTC with a sporting restriction for going on 4 years now. Has anyone had any experience removing restrictions and/or with this new police chief?

Thank you,

Joe

When you’re due for renewal, which should be soon, is a good time to ask for an unrestricted LTC. No experience with them personally but seem like that’s the protocol in these situations. Good luck.

the only business i've had with the guy is when he was new, on for a couple of months, i applied for a green card and he gave it to me. in fact, the same day i brought the application down, maureen called me to tell me he approved it.

i suspect when you do the renewal, they'll change it then. very rare to get it changed in the middle of a current ltc. it has been my experience with maureen that she doesn't look much at your renewal application. she takes you in back and she calls up your current info on the computer and makes any changes right there. make sure you verbally tell her what you want cause if you don't you'll just get what you have now. i'm assuming maureen is still there, it's been a while since i was there last. if she is...and you don't know her, she's pretty cool and will help you with questions. you can get her direct number off the woburn pd web page if you have questions. you may get voice mail but she will call back in an hour or two.

Weymouth has a new Chief as of 01 Jan 2020. My appointment for renewal is 1 April. Hopefully the new chief will remove the
hunting and sport restrictions.

mine say "target and hunting". I know what that means and never bothered looking for a formal definition

I know sporting is a step up from target and hunting so was just wondering the legal limits.
I think the sporting restriction I for hiking and things like that. I always wondered what would happen if you get bagged carrying on a sporting restriction and trying to explain that I was just hiking in the woods.

I think the sporting restriction I for hiking and things like that. I always wondered what would happen if you get bagged carrying on a sporting restriction and trying to explain that I was just hiking in the woods.
my first ltc was "target and hunting" about 1970. the grizzly old sergeant i was talking to, who was probably on the force since the '40's, said to me when i asked for a change to, at the time "protection of life" in the middle of my first ltc, he growled "grrrrhh, just carry any way and if anyone asks tell 'em you're coming back from the range." next question..."what if it's 2am?" "get creative kid" he tells me. lol

my first ltc was "target and hunting" about 1970. the grizzly old sergeant i was talking to, who was probably on the force since the '40's, said to me when i asked for a change to, at the time "protection of life" in the middle of my first ltc, he growled "grrrrhh, just carry any way and if anyone asks tell 'em you're coming back from the range." next question..."what if it's 2am?" "get creative kid" he tells me. lol
I'm on the way back from the 24 hour indoor range? Sounds easy to me.

I'm on the way back from the 24 hour indoor range? Sounds easy to me.
Word games with police don't work, and they are professionals at spotting bullshit and contortions.

The issue is not one of avoiding the civil fine that is almost never applied, but keeping one's LTC. Departments that are sufficiently loath to civilian carry as to issue restrictions are exactly the kind of department likely to revoke an LTC for a restriction violation, and you will not "out maneuver" them if you are not following the intent of the restriction, as they define it.

Word games with police don't work, and they are professionals at spotting bullshit and contortions.

The issue is not one of avoiding the civil fine that is almost never applied, but keeping one's LTC. Departments that are sufficiently loath to civilian carry as to issue restrictions are exactly the kind of department likely to revoke an LTC for a restriction violation, and you will not "out maneuver" them if you are not following the intent of the restriction, as they define it.
I understand that. It was more of a joke the previous comment. I luckily live in a town that pushes request for restricted in as unrestricted as well though.

The issue is not one of avoiding the civil fine that is almost never applied, but keeping one's LTC.
in the good old days it wasn't a matter of keeping the ltc, it was being punished by living with the "target and hunting" for life and always being declined when trying to change it. those old timey cops could break balls also...in a silent way, lol.

Happened to me in Lexington. I politely nagged the licensing officer until he removed the restriction. Did not have to wait for renewal.

Your story reminds me of my first license I got in Norwood in 1980. The license was for "Protection of Life and Property" (unrestricted). The sergeant who issued it told me that if I shot someone in self defense make sure I killed them because then they couldn't testify against me and it would prove my life was in danger.

Back
Top Bottom