• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC With CWOF on OUI?

Yup.. It is not looking good. I hope he has lots of money AND even at that if NH officer calls MA officer I do not see how they can say he is "MA suitable" at this point. Would the right choice be a transfer to someone he trusts if he has a collection now before they take them?

Yup.. It is not looking good. I hope he has lots of money AND even at that if NH officer calls MA officer I do not see how they can say he is "MA suitable" at this point. Would the right choice be a transfer to someone he trusts if he has a collection now before they take them?
Especially when he calls them and asks them about it... 😂😂😂

It wasn't personally on me but when pulled over I told the officer I have a weapon in my glove compartment and im listened to carry before he even asked me to step out my car
Did he think you were OUI before or after you told him you were "listened" to carry..... sorry couldn't resist [wink]

After I was still in my car .
The joke is about the typo you made.
It was you got pulled over and said "I am listened to carry" . And the officer thinks okay this guy is drunk, he is messing up his words. lol

I would check with your future attorney but if you have a family member outside your home you should legally transfer everything you have. Because they may end up in a bonded warehouse $$$$. I doubt you are going to keep your LTC in the short term
Good luck

It was you got pulled over and said "I am listened to carry" . And the officer thinks okay this guy is drunk, he is messing up his words. lol

I would check with your future attorney but if you have a family member outside your home you should legally transfer everything you have. Because they may end up in a bonded warehouse $$$$. I doubt you are going to keep your LTC in the short term
Good luck
Lol it was a typo and wasn't messing up my words to the cop . I was honest with him when he asked where is was coming from . He asked for my drivers license . And incase he asked I out of respect and courtesy let him know my firearm was in the glove box and im ltc the thing also he is releasing my firearm tomorrow

Good luck
Lol it was a typo and wasn't messing up my words to the cop . I was honest with him when he asked where is was coming from . He asked for my drivers license . And incase he asked I out of respect and courtesy let him know my firearm was in the glove box and im ltc the thing also he is releasing my firearm tomorrow

You are not understanding what is going on. It doesn't matter if you get your firearm tomorrow.
But either way just make sure you get an attorney or two that understand your LTC is important to you and listen to them

I'm not 100% on this but I think there is something in NH that prohibits carrying a firearm while under the influence, or is it just while drinking. You may have gotten lucky with the locals letting this go. Then again, cops up hear aren't the AHs about guns that you have in MA.

Lol there is no CUI law in NH. (at least not that I've ever heard of).

Lol there is no CUI law in NH. (at least not that I've ever heard of).
I guess it's just while drinking in a bar, although without a cite I can't confirm it (and I don't think NH cops care as long as you aren't drunk). And frankly I have a feeling that this would be an issue with the NH Constitution. There is no "except if" in article 2a.

K. CARRY IN RESTAURANTS THAT SERVE ALCOHOL​

Yes. New Hampshire has no laws prohibiting the carrying of firearms in restaurants that serve alcohol. You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Places like Fridays or Chili’s unless they have a “No Gun Sign,” then it is suggested that You not carry into the establishment. This does not include a bar or the bar area of a restaurant – You are prohibited from carrying into these areas. You can carry your firearm into a restaurant that serves alcohol, but You are prohibited from carrying while You consume alcohol.
New Hampshire Gun Laws - New Hampshire Gun Law - Reciprocity Guide

Shouldn't be. A cwof is not a conviction.
I have an open California felony arrest record and an open FBI felony RAP sheet (Long Beach PD shared the info with the FBI) from 35 years ago that I cannot seal or expunge because the weapon charge was dismissed at arraignment. Under CA law, I would have had to be convicted, endure whatever penalties the court meted out, go through a waiting period and then apply to seal or expunge the record. That didn't happen, so I am stuck with two open felony arrest records for life. I get delayed with every gun purchase.
I disclosed all records to the Illinois State Police and it did not affect my FOID card.
Woburn PD told me that it would not prevent me from qualifying for LTC or FID since it wasn't a conviction.

Last edited:
The optics look bad. Pulled over and arrested for OUI with the firearm in the car. Not sure at what point in time I would have informed the LEO I had a firearm in the car but I'm assuming you were arrested and the car towed so they would have to be told at some point in time.

My question was if I plea cwof . For first time oui . Will my ltc from ma be taken now the oui didn't happen in ma it happened in nh
CWOF is a MA specific term.

But, even if you are convicted, first offense OUI is not a lifetime federal disqualifier like it is in MA.

So I wouldn't lose my ltc in ma . Nh pd is holding my gun but releasing it to me tomorrow
A nh dwi first offense will not make you a pp because it's not up to 2 years jail or more. It may cause issues upon renewal.

My brother has a first offense dwi I'm nh (plead guilty) and he lives in mass and is getting a lawyer to help with his ltc application. Lawyer says he almost guarantees he will be approved. Hope this info helps.

Bottom line......get a good lawyer and be sure to mention you have gun licenses to consider in mass with however you proceed.

Last time I told a NH cop I was carrying we ended up talking about 9mm v. .40, obviously I let him win the argument even tho he was wrong.
Would probably have been a different conversation if he had pulled you over for oui right?

Do you own an out-of-state vacation home or condo? If so, pack up all of your guns, ammo and gun safe and move everything there until you get this straightened out. Wife and I were going to move our guns to our Florida vacation/ retirement home if our LTC applications got denied in MA.

Do you own an out-of-state vacation home or condo? If so, pack up all of your guns, ammo and gun safe and move everything there until you get this straightened out. Wife and I were going to move our guns to our Florida vacation/ retirement home if our LTC applications got denied in MA.
Nobody is going to come for his shit over a foreign DUI. If he lives in a shit town he might not be able to renew though ,that's a different problem

Yes, a Cori only goes back 5 years I think??
YesNo. There are about 6 "levels" of CORI, that differ in how much prejudicial information that is not a conviction is displayed. For example, day care and summer camps can get info about charges not resulting in conviction, but regular employment checks cannot. And LE CORI queries get everything, including things that technically have no finding of guilt or pending charges (even "tried and found not guilty").

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom