LTC while out of state

If you move to another state but keep a house in MA and your new primary residence is not in MA but your LTC is still valid can you leave guns in a safe in MA?

Your resident LTC is invalid the moment you move out of state

This is incorrect, it comes down to whether the town/state bothers to expire it when you send them the moving notice. There are also situations such as having a business address still in MA that would allow you to simply use that address for your "Resident" LTC.

Either way it doesn't matter because the ATF has said if you are a part time resident, then during the time you live in a state, you are a resident of that state for firearms purchasing purposes. MA mostly cares about making sure they still tax your income if you are a part time resident.

If you move to another state but keep a house in MA and your new primary residence is not in MA but your LTC is still valid can you leave guns in a safe in MA?

The police chief determines who is eligible to apply as a resident in their town and can ask for any proof they see fit. If you provide what they're asking for it's GTG. The definition of dual residence is kind of grey.

Since I'll have a home in MA and not a home in the other state I can just keep my residency here and therefore keep my LTC.

This is incorrect, it comes down to whether the town/state bothers to expire it when you send them the moving notice. There are also situations such as having a business address still in MA that would allow you to simply use that address for your "Resident" LTC.

Either way it doesn't matter because the ATF has said if you are a part time resident, then during the time you live in a state, you are a resident of that state for firearms purchasing purposes. MA mostly cares about making sure they still tax your income if you are a part time resident.

this.

The first time I came out to Montana my issuing town never expired my license despite sending the letter town and MIRCS. I flew back to MA specifically to start my application process and the issuing officer goes through the entire process, takes my $100 and then leaves me a VM a day later saying there's a $100 bill waiting for me at the PD...

Back
Top Bottom