LTC waits for over a year in Ma?

My brother in law had been waiting for over a year for an LTC. I remember seeing a number to call and check on this. Anybody know it off hand?

Don’t know the number, but waiting that long is literally illegal.

I got my recent renewal in a few weeks, but the process is highly dependent on which town your brother in law lives in.

I got my recent renewal in a few weeks, but the process is highly dependent on which town your brother in law lives in.
Green, Dudley Ma.

If he has in fact had to wait that long, and it hasn’t just been sitting in some guys desk waiting for him to pick it up, I’d suggest contacting Comm2A, they frequently seek out folks who are having issues like this.

I had a 9 month wait for mine. Kept getting the run around until i complained 3-4 times. Finally got it, never got an answer as to the hold up. Got run in CGIS and found out that 3 months after i applied, my LTC was listed as "stolen" when i hadnt received it from the police department yet. What do you guys think of that?

in my town it took me some years ago about 4 months to get it. more than an year is quite insane. renewal was fast, in line with what others say.
My renewal was relatively snappy. About 40 days. There were a handful of special circumstances in my old city that affected the initial application, but I like to trot out that number when folks tell us how quickly it's supposed to go.

Wow that’s crazy. My neighbor, newly interested in guns, got his in 4 weeks. We’re in Bridgewater.

1 (617) 660-4782. FRB. They will tell you exactly where it is. Either w them or still w PD.
Yup, that's number. Called them last week because I moved in March and sent in change of address form certified receipt and never received receipt. It's not the FRB if he's been waiting for 12 months, it's the town.

My brother in law had been waiting for over a year for an LTC. I remember seeing a number to call and check on this. Anybody know it off hand?

My first application took 15 months.

I would start by calling the town then FRB. Like others said, it's probably sitting on someone's desk.
This is f**king criminal... I dropped off my application (new applicant) on May 3rd. Finger prints and approval on May 10th. Card in mail May 27th. Its insane to see some people wait this long.:mad:

I'm waiting for my renewal, a few days over 3 months. My last renewal was done in 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Mine expired July, 2020 during the China Flu nonsense. Town wasn't doing interviews and website said to drop off application with check and wait. I did so 2 months before and LO says on website she won't reply to inquires about new licenses. I was 30 days past expiration and emailed her and no reply. I called FRB, they answered and told me the town has had it for over a week. I emailed LO and told them what FRB said and 3 days later I get phone call to pick it up. When I arrived a Station desk cop must have had 30-40 envelopes with new licenses.

My first application took 15 months.

I would start by calling the town then FRB. Like others said, it's probably sitting on someone's desk.
Has the FRB ever been caught lying about the status of an application?

Because various and sundry town police departments
lie all the time about it being stuck in the FRB
when they haven't even submitted it yet,
or they're sitting on the license;
lie without blinking an eye.

(As we see from subsequent war stories).

Hey...I'm right with you. Hitting 12 months waiting for the ATF on my can.
I blame Marsha.
Yes, I know you live in FL.

Mine expired July, 2020 during the China Flu nonsense. Town wasn't doing interviews and website said to drop off application with check and wait. I did so 2 months before and LO says on website she won't reply to inquires about new licenses. I was 30 days past expiration and emailed her and no reply. I called FRB, they answered and told me the town has had it for over a week. I emailed LO and told them what FRB said and 3 days later I get phone call to pick it up. When I arrived a Station desk cop must have had 30-40 envelopes with new licenses.
How did they take your new photo?
Did they request you provide your own photo even though it was a renewal?
What photo is on your LTC?

That's true about the city or town you live in. I renewed my LTC seven-time so far, the shortest wait time was 63 days, longest was 95 days. And my last renewal the one that took 95 days was pre-covid. Despite what we read or what we're told, there are no real guidelines. Each town just does its own thing. You apply and get the LTC when they're ready to give it to you and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom