• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC - Unrestricted in Lowell, MA?????

I recently received my LTC - Sporting and Hunting in Lowell, MA.

Was wondering if anybody has been able to get an unrestricted there? I have emailed the licensing detective in Lowell and am willing to do the leg work if it is even possible to get one out of the chief in Lowell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Not going to happen, I have gone this route. Eventually moved to Belmont and had no issues there. At best you may be able to get a 'for employment' restriction, if you own your own business (carry cash etc).

Outside of that, no one in Lowell PD will listen to you... especially the CLEO (which is ridiculous). You would have to go with an attorney (there are some who frequent these forums and may be able to help you).

Good luck!

Was wondering if anybody has been able to get an unrestricted there? I have emailed the licensing detective in Lowell and am willing to do the leg work if it is even possible to get one out of the chief in Lowell.

Dan

Chances are you're going to have to wait another 6 years before getting an unrestricted.

As with many first time applicants, your question comes a tad late in the game. One of our lawyers on here might have helped you get an unrestricted, or at least given you a list of green towns to move to!

When I re-applied in Lowell last year I asked again for ALP, and the answer again was "no." I got Hunting and Target because "They don't want everybody running around the city with guns."
I still can't believe she actually said that!
I can't run, anyway, so I walk.

Dan

you should contact a lawyer about that

In Lowell, unfortunately, getting an unrestricted Class A LTC is essentially impossible unless you are either an LEO/firefighter/emt and pushing 'professional courtesy' or related/connected to those who run the town (Yes, I mean the old-boys network). That's it.

It is well stated policy that the city will NOT, full stop, issue unrestricted, no matter the reason. MUST.RESIST.GOING.OFF.ON.WILD.RANT.AGAIN. grr.

Re: hiring a lawyer, I asked one before even applying what I could do to get an unrestricted, and was told there's nothing to do, don't bother, just move out of the city, cause you're not going to win. Even though I'm completely clean re: background and suitability.

Working on this issue in Lowell. It's a long-term process, not a short one. Bottom line it's going to take a lot of work and an extended period to change this if ever.

PM me if you want more info, but don't think for a second this is going to change in the near future. If you can, MOVE. We would if we could.

Just move, or forget it. It won't happen. No matter how much you bitch, scream, moan, threaten legal action ... the answer is no =p

Office Peace has strict orders, and unfortunately she has zero authority on the issue.

Would anyone on the city council be willing to listen?

Maybe, but the only sound in the room after you make your plea will be

crickets.jpg

Back
Top Bottom