• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC reported stolen before issue date from PD

Well this is a bit of a odd one. I actually got my first LTC in 2020. Took maybe 9 months and had a terrible line of communication with the local police department. Long story short, I had my info run in CGIS and my LTC shows during that 9 month pending period, when I had zero firearms, and hadnt received it from the police department yet, my LTC was reported stolen.

I got the low staffing, covid, mistakes were, we are sorry response from the PD initially and left it at this because i just find out now 2 years later it was reported stolen back which i didnt know until now. I havent requestion the police department yet so that certainly the next move but my question is, does it matter that it shows on my record stolen at one point? Do i make an attempt to get that removed?

Thanks,
Bob

They couldn't buy anything with it other than private party right? PIN comes separate.
Still not good
When I was a resident, my (and my Wife's) PIN always came in the same envelope from the PD. No idea how the PIN is provided to the PD however.

I think my main concern is, does it matter in my LTC history that the report is there? Should i try and have it removed? It probably cant do anything negative at this point but im still not sure.

Protip: Have a glass of water, milk, and a sandwich.. Relax. maybe a xanax if you're really off the wall.

Breathe.

Do something other than worry about things that don't matter and have never mattered The sheep mindset in this state is awful. The sooner you ditch it the sooner your blood pressure
will go down. You're worried about a crime YOU DIDNT COMMIT? [rofl] really?

Removed? lol. That's never happening in MA, ever, either. So that makes the artificial anxiety even more insane.

The reality is someone probably f***ed up and lost your license or it got lost in the mail. So they flag it as "lost/stolen" and thats that, and then CJIS pumps out another
one. Not a big deal.

Protip: Have a glass of water, milk, and a sandwich.. Relax. maybe a xanax if you're really off the wall.

Breathe.

Do something other than worry about things that don't matter and have never mattered The sheep mindset in this state is awful. The sooner you ditch it the sooner your blood pressure
will go down. You're worried about a crime YOU DIDNT COMMIT? [rofl] really?

Removed? lol. That's never happening in MA, ever, either. So that makes the artificial anxiety even more insane.

The reality is someone probably f***ed up and lost your license or it got lost in the mail. So they flag it as "lost/stolen" and thats that, and then CJIS pumps out another
one. Not a big deal.
Just my own opinion here but the above is a pretty condescending reply from a "moderator" of this site,
orig post is from a member that's only been here what ? a year and a half !! Do better.

And breds2K, good luck in your search, I for one would want to know why I wasn't informed when I picked up the license the 1st time ?
Was it simply lost in the mail or actually stolen ?
If stolen now this "thief" has your home address maybe probably figures you may have a gun or two to steal, maybe save it for info later on
if they know you need a license to buy your 1st gun.

Or now they know that you will probably be armed when they come to rob you later on !!

Just my own opinion here but the above is a pretty condescending reply from a "moderator" of this site,
orig post is from a member that's only been here what ? a year and a half !! Do better.

And breds2K, good luck in your search, I for one would want to know why I wasn't informed when I picked up the license the 1st time ?
If stolen now this "thief" has your home address maybe probably figures you may have a gun or two to steal, maybe save it for info later on

Or now they know that you will probably be armed when they come to rob you later on !!
Im not worried about that but just dont know if LTC being reported stolen at one point has any negative affect later on at anytime. I dont have a clue thats why I asked.

LTC being reported stolen at one point has any negative affect later on at anytime.

I have no idea but seems like a legitimate concern in the PP world of Massachusetts.

I'd call the FRB to ask them how such information is utilized and shared. Whenever I've called them they've been pleasant and tried their best to answer questions.

Some of us get nauseous at MA sheep fumes, because the OP is probably getting worked up based on cumulative bad MA experiences. It's not his fault, but he needs to step back and not get so worried about minutae. That's what antis want. They want gun owners scared of their own shadow. Because that becomes an AIDS like thing transmitted to other gun owners. A mind virus of sorts.

I was reading this thread and just about to move onto another one cuz the op seemed to have his answer.....then I read this post and said oh.....shit.....dis gon be good now I'll stick around.😂

@drgrant is one of the best mods on this forum.

1. Sick sense of humor.....check
2. No nonsense answers....check
3. Sometimes abbrasive.....check

Three attributes of the quintessential a NES veteran.

I think OP is asking a legit question. I wouldn't put it past some stuck-up anti-2A COP to deny a renewal over the computer saying that OP lost his LTC somewhere.

They couldn't buy anything with it other than private party right? PIN comes separate.
Still not good
They could call and get a PIN. Right? (Last time I did this was forever ago). All your info is on that license unless you moved.

OP, unless the "stolen" affects you when buying guns, maybe you should keep it, in case something weird happened during that time you have proof you didn't have the license.

What I would check is. Did anyone buy a gun you dont own?

... no one checks the person's identity when buying guns, all the info for the form is on your license, and the picture is usually sh*t so no one looks at it.

I think OP is asking a legit question. I wouldn't put it past some stuck-up anti-2A COP to deny a renewal over the computer saying that OP lost his LTC somewhere.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that if the OP has a CLEO or LO like that they have immesurably bigger problems. I've literally never heard of this. Not to mention the law even enshrines replacing stupid plastic card for free if its lost or stolen.

They could call and get a PIN. Right? (Last time I did this was forever ago). All your info is on that license unless you moved.

OP, unless the "stolen" affects you when buying guns, maybe you should keep it, in case something weird happened during that time you have proof you didn't have the license.

What I would check is. Did anyone buy a gun you dont own?

... no one checks the person's identity when buying guns, all the info for the form is on your license, and the picture is usually sh*t so no one looks at it.

You'd need a 2nd form of auth for a pin, but if they stole someones whole wallet theyd be able to get a pin. Of course whole exercise makes no sense though. How can criminal be smart enough to do all of that (steal some guys wallet without them finding out about it quickly, use LTC + DL to get pin, go buy gun etc) and then not realize hes going directly to jail once this action gets detected? (not to mention it will all be preserved on CCTV at 99% of gun shops ) If you're a "BadGuy(TM)" its easier to just buy something from the black market.

I would love to be able to get a duplicate so I can leave one on my bike.
It's a pain to remember to grab it out of my wallet AND put it back after a ride.

Back
Top Bottom