• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Renewals Only....How long did it take for yours???

BW23

NES Member
Hey All,

Anyone with a recent LTC-A renewal.......how long it take you to get your new renewed LTC in the mail?

I'm closing in fast in my 90 day grace period and I'm getting worried the Chelsea office won't push my renewals through in time. I don't know what do to if I end up going past the grace period because the state can't keep up with all the applications. [angry]

-BW

I'm closing in fast in my 90 day grace period and I'm getting worried the Chelsea office won't push my renewals through in time. I don't know what do to if I end up going past the grace period because the state can't keep up with all the applications. [angry]

-BW

You'll have to dump all your guns in the Charles, I guess. [laugh]

Several of my friends, (none of which live anywhere near the cities) have contacted me lately wringing their hands out about their renewals. One has been waiting over a month, another got his after about a 2 month wait. It's silly right now. I'm just thankful mine doesn't expire 'til 2016. The way I see it, either we're all f*cked by that point, or everything will be just fine outside of some new laws that say I have to go to sleep each night with the barrel of my AR inserted all the way up my a$$hole.

damnit.....you would figure renewals would be a lot easier than new LTC applicants.

i hope you people get your renewals soon. only thing we can do is hope.......

What the hell happens if your LTC expires due to the wait and you are sitting on a cabinet full of handgunns and AW's? Mine won't expire for 2 more years, but I feel for you folks. Maybe it is all part of the Master Plan...

What the hell happens if your LTC expires due to the wait and you are sitting on a cabinet full of handgunns and AW's? Mine won't expire for 2 more years, but I feel for you folks. Maybe it is all part of the Master Plan...

Nothing!

Per MGL you have a 90 day grace period. But even if that expires, NOBODY is going to come and confiscate your guns (just don't carry them, leave them locked up if beyond your 90 day grace period).

Went in last Tuesday and they said I should have it in 3 weeks.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Nothing!

Per MGL you have a 90 day grace period. But even if that expires, NOBODY is going to come and confiscate your guns (just don't carry them, leave them locked up if beyond your 90 day grace period).

Yeah I know but I carry pretty much 100% of the time unless I'm going out of state for a period of time. I feel naked with my carry pistol.

At the start of January, I called the PD, and asked, "Is it too early?" for an end of March expiration. They said, no rush you have a 90-day grace period. [rolleyes] I did the pix and prints 1/17, and was told 6-10 weeks.

My kid's FID was 7 weeks from pix, and they said 6-8 weeks.

it's sad that the Chelsea office is so freakin slow with this "complicated" process. My local PD chief was laughing on how stupid easy it was to process renewals once it's at the Chelsea office. So frustrating....

Did Detective Loin finally retire? When I lived in Chelsea, I thought he gave excellent customer service when I went through the renewal process (twice).

Back
Top Bottom