• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ltc renewalHow early

I'm almost two months out. I called my PD for an appointment about two weeks ago and the outgoing message says NOT TO CALL BACK, WE HAVE YOUR MESSAGE, but two weeks seems like a long time to return a phone call. And I'm pretty sure when they come to confiscate all my stuff because my license expired I can't say "Whoa, check your voicemail; I called a few months ago". Once I have the appt and get a receipt I'll feel better.

Sorry, not really helpful to the thread but it's relevant and pissing me off.

P.S. Green town.

If your PD is renowned to suck I would do it 3 months in advance if they will let you.

ALWAYS GET A RECEIPT when your renewal app is done. This covers your ass if they decide to drag ass.

-Mike

5 months minimum. I renewed in a green town only to find out the POS chief decided he wanted to see my certificate from a gun class...from over 10 years ago.

I got lucky and found my hunter safety card and sent a pic of that, but if not I would have had to schedule time and taken a class.

On the plus side, my renewal took less than 2 months, so now I have 2 LTC while I wait for one to expire.

Two weeks and waiting for the phone call to schedule the appointment to turn in my paperwork. I broke the rules and called a second time. When I finally get my appointment I might schedule the next renewal right then, like at the dentist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My town posts appointments online and they pass along the renewals relatively quickly. During the craziness it was difficult to find an appointment. This year piece of cake. I went in 5 months early to be safe and glad I did- officer handling the renewal said it was taking ~6 weeks to come back from the state plus a few days for them to send to me.

One wise word of caution from my PD- don't use the new one until it's valid. Seems simple but carrying an invalid LTC could cause headaches or worse.

Back
Top Bottom