LTC renewal

gerrycaruso

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I got a notice from the state last week telling me to renew as soon as possible because of the backlog. I went in this morning at 9:15 and was done by 9:16. All communities should be like this but unfortunately police chiefs in this state can make the process as quick & easy or as long & difficult as they want. This is the last time I'll have to pay for my LTC because I'm an old geezer and if I live long enough the next one will be free.

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got the notice from the state before my last renewal and when I called the PD, they said it was too early they wouldn't make an appointment prior to 3 months out. Ended up ok, got it before it expired (first time ever BTW). Glad you won't be paying for it again, but also glad I've got a little more time before I'm there too :)

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a notice from the state last week telling me to renew as soon as possible because of the backlog. I went in this morning at 9:15 and was done by 9:16. All communities should be like this but unfortunately police chiefs in this state can make the process as quick & easy or as long & difficult as they want. This is the last time I'll have to pay for my LTC because I'm an old geezer and if I live long enough the next one will be free.
You are lucky! Our police chief had me walking around with a stupid letter for 1 month after the expiration. And I have applied for a renewal 7 months before the expiration! I am sure it is not related to my refusal to support "police association" in town. :cool:

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gerry, They're not supposed to do this, but I get my Green Card renewals free over 70. So when you renew that, keep your mouth shut about payment. Jack.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
Gerry, They're not supposed to do this, but I get my Green Card renewals free over 70. So when you renew that, keep your mouth shut about payment. Jack.
Wrong, Both green card and LTC are free >70 yo on renewal (resident only and no green cards for NRs). I did have to pay for my green card but only because it was the first issue . . . and my last as I'll be NR very long before it would expire naturally.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wrong, Both green card and LTC are free >70 yo on renewal (resident only and no green cards for NRs). I did have to pay for my green card but only because it was the first issue . . . and my last as I'll be NR very long before it would expire naturally.
Len, I may be wrong, but do you have a cite? Jack.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went through my first renewal this year as well. My expiration date was for September. I submitted my Renewal in late May and had my new license by the end of June. I thought I was getting a late start submitting in May. I had intended to submit a month earlier but the office staff that handle the applications for the North Attleboro PD never seem to be in the office during their posted office hours. I had go into the station about 4 times to drop off my application before I finally got there at a time there was someone in the office to take the application.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
The good old days are gone forever. When the good guys ran the Littleton PD, I would get the Mass dealers license for free over 70. Jack.
Jack, the MG license is issued under C. 140 S. 131(o), the same section as LTC and there is only one section that specifies cost and >70, so TTBOMK all the PDs are doing the same thing for MG licenses as for >70 LTCs. Give Michaela a call if you want to verify current practice as FRB sort-of dictates who pays what.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jack, the MG license is issued under C. 140 S. 131(o), the same section as LTC and there is only one section that specifies cost and >70, so TTBOMK all the PDs are doing the same thing for MG licenses as for >70 LTCs. Give Michaela a call if you want to verify current practice as FRB sort-of dictates who pays what.
Thanks, Jack.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Glad you won't be paying for it again, but also glad I've got a little more time before I'm there too :)
yep, wish i had more time. my next one is free. all it means is next thing to look forward to is the big sleep. big f'n deal. i'd rather have a few more renewals left at 100 bucks a pop than waiting for the reaper. [hmmm]

JDL

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My next renewal I will be over 70 so I will be looking forward to not paying for my LTC and my Green Card

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Section 131. All licenses to carry firearms shall be designated Class A or Class B, and the issuance and possession of any such license shall be subject to the following conditions and restrictions:

(i)

"Any person over the age of 70 and any law enforcement officer applying for a license to carry firearms through his employing agency shall be exempt from the requirement of paying a renewal fee for a Class A or Class B license to carry"

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When does yours expire, mine expires 2/2/2020 so I should be expecting a letter soon.

HappyHarry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine expires early December: I got the reminder card from the state about 2 weeks ago and emailed for an appointment right away. My appointment date is October 1, about 7 weeks after my first of 2 email requests - cutting it close...

capewalk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not only was my renewal late last time I had to have my fingerprints done again as the Commonwealth "lost" my fingerprint card. If memory serves me it was two months late.

BigAl23

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
For those turning 70, you can apply after Jan 1 in the year you turn 70. You need not wait for your B'day. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how the fishing license works.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
For those turning 70, you can apply after Jan 1 in the year you turn 70. You need not wait for your B'day. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how the fishing license works.
Not relevant. I submitted renewal papers 5 months early for my free renewal. So the submittal was in a year prior to my 70th birthday.

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Been in Acton for over 50 years. Never done any paperwork for renewals. They just ask if anything has changed and did I lose any guns. Then they process it. Jack.
Here they always want the application filled out again, but when they are entering it they only change things if they are different and ask when doing it to make sure you want it changed.

Top Bottom