• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC renewal

zmd

NES Member
My LTC expires in august of next year. My question is how early can I apply for renewal?. Just wondering with all the bs that's going on with late applications and new laws,ect.

I'd try four months before. They might say, "too early", but it's worth a shot.

My town was 90 days prior to expiration date. It was faster than I thought, I had to carry my old one still for over a month.

Last edited:
It depends . . .

Knowing that my town only interviews applicants (including renewals) 1 day/month I dropped my Wife's renewal paperwork/check off in Feb for an Aug renewal. Earliest interview was May. She had her new LTC in-hand a month after her interview. That was last year ago now.

For my next renewal, assuming I'm still in MA at that time, I'll do it at least 5 months prior.

We just put the new ones in the safe until the current one expires. I'd rather have it a few months in advance than sweat out delivery before expiration . . . even if the current bill passes as written.

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to try and go early in September and see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom