• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Renewal: Who is the licensing authority?

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but my right to possession of my property has been a struggle over the last two years and trying to have a conversation with those that be is like talking to an arrogant wall.

When I drop off my license renewal application, is the PD the licensing authority that should be handing me a receipt, or do you only get the receipt later when you have your processing appointment and information is entered into MIRCS?

First of all, with all of your posts on this site, you should go GREEN.
My understanding if you have a valid LTC/FID and it is about to expire, and you turn in your renewal paperwork the way your local licensing officer wants you to, they will contact you for your appointment and your current license is still good. My last renewal after I dropped off my paperwork, I was called within 2 weeks, had my appointment for picture, gave the officer my check, and was called a few weeks later to pick up my new license. I never got a receipt but my renewal was done all before expiration.

While one could arguably use a manually created receipt from the PD as a proof you get the extended grace period, the general practice is to use the MIRCS receipt. The MIRCS receipt (and corresponding entry into their system) is the only way any dealer will recognize the grace period or be able to process an eFA10 at time of sale.

While one could arguably use a manually created receipt from the PD as a proof you get the extended grace period, the general practice is to use the MIRCS receipt. The MIRCS receipt (and corresponding entry into their system) is the only way any dealer will recognize the grace period or be able to process an eFA10 at time of sale.
Also worth noting if you have the MIRCS receipt that means that your "expired" license will still validate in the portal.... and although I haven't tried it I bet you can probably do an FTF through the portal no problem at that point....

Part of OP's problem is that each town does it differently.

In my City, there is no "appointment" - app is dropped off with $, you come back on a following Thursday for pix/prints, you come back later, and pick up the card.

If you want a MIRCS receipt, it would have to be at the pix/prints stage, as when you drop it off, it's handed to a clerk, and the only receipt generated is for the payment.

I know of no one that had dealt directly with the LO, in a normal issuance/renewal situation. YMMV

make sure you get your recreceipt because if you licensed has expired you have proof, it's still good until you get your license. carry the receipt with your license.

If they don't give a receipt, take a photo of you dropping off the packet, the EXIF data provides a record of when the photo was taken.

Its less than ideal, but if you continue to carry after the expiration, this could be useful.

Maybe even do a video and post it on youtube as password protected private. This would show the date uploaded, as proof.

Back
Top Bottom