LTC Renewal Waltham Mass

So I'm going in to drop off my renewal paper work in Waltham tomorrow. Any one on here have any recent experience here? I remember when I went to first apply for my LTC I went for a No Restrictions license. If my memory serves my right the licensing officer did mention that they initial 6 year period is a probationary period and when I come into renew I would be able to get my conceal carry license.

Now I'm looking at the front of the form that they gave me and one of the lines states " Any License to carry for ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES requires an additional letter addressed to the chief of Police outlining the reasons for such a request. ALL LETTERS MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION."

Anyone here in Waltham hone through this recently?

If they don't like "All Lawful Purposes" as the reason for issuance, then just list every legal reason a person might require guns or a license to carry them.

The thing that really is giving me question is this additional letter part. on page 3 of the application it has "Reason (s) for requesting the issuance of a card or license" and one of the options to check is "Unrestricted (use the below lines to indicate the reason(s) you are requesting an unrestricted LTC)" Wouldn't this be the same thing essentially?

As Far as reasons I put all lawful purposes and protection for myself and my family inside and outside the home. I am thinking of saying that I have a clean record and am a law abiding citizen on there as a third reason.

The thing that really is giving me question is this additional letter part. on page 3 of the application it has "Reason (s) for requesting the issuance of a card or license" and one of the options to check is "Unrestricted (use the below lines to indicate the reason(s) you are requesting an unrestricted LTC)" Wouldn't this be the same thing essentially?

As Far as reasons I put all lawful purposes and protection for myself and my family inside and outside the home. I am thinking of saying that I have a clean record and am a law abiding citizen on there as a third reason.

As of 2016 under no circumstances will my town accept ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES. If your application says that they won't even accept it. So, I just put protection of life, firearms to be used for concealed carry, home defense and target shooting. The Lt. seemed perfectly happy with those reasons.

So for your first permit in Waltham you were issued one that was restricted since you were on a probationary period? And now that you’re up for renewal you went for all lawful purposes and it seems policy has changed as you need a letter explaining why you want all lawful purposes even after you successfully went through your probationary period? I wonder if there’s been an administrative change or something else that’s transpired in the interim?

Please keep us informed.

Last edited:
for $2.49 I can supply you with the letter needed for the Chief

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Constitu...572647&hash=item1c82adaeae:g:QOcAAOSwX9FZHC4K

Dear Chief MacPherson
Please see enclosed document

$_32.JPG

Regards,

Jbones1983

When I got my LTC in Waltham I was told in no uncertain terms that I would *not* get ALP/Restrictions: NONE as a first time applicant. Period, full stop. I submitted my letters and reasons for wanting an unrestricted LTC anyway, and was given one with Target/Hunting restrictions.

When I went to renew, I asked about the letters and was told, "nah, we have them on file already" and was given an unrestricted LTC without any hassle or asking.

Here is the change of administration.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/15/waltham-police-chief-arrested/

So for your first permit in Waltham you were issued one that was restricted since you were on a probationary period? And now that you’re up for renewal you went for all lawful purposes and it seems policy has changed as you need a letter explaining why you want all lawful purposes even after you successfully went through your probationary period? I wonder if there’s been an administrative change or something else that’s transpired in the interim?

Please keep us informed.

When I got my LTC in Waltham I was told in no uncertain terms that I would *not* get ALP/Restrictions: NONE as a first time applicant. Period, full stop. I submitted my letters and reasons for wanting an unrestricted LTC anyway, and was given one with Target/Hunting restrictions.

When I went to renew, I asked about the letters and was told, "nah, we have them on file already" and was given an unrestricted LTC without any hassle or asking.

Several years ago my friend who'd had unrestricted permits from other Massachusetts towns for a couple of decades applied in Waltham and was given unrestricted. From what the OP said it seems that the requirement for
listing reasons is a new one as he asked about this policy yesterday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom