LTC Renewal Process Question

Looking for a little guidance on this. I live in a green north shore town. I applied for a LTC-A unrestricted renewal in early August. I checked the mega thread on renewal times. I seem to be a bit past that, closing in on eleven weeks since the renewal app. I called the DCJIS line yesterday and they said it's approved and been active for over a month and to check with my local pd. My local pd was very adamant about not coming in or calling them. They will call me when it's ready. I was in the area of the pd about a month ago and popped in to check the status and they more or less told me don't worry about it, everything is processing as it should, without even taking my name. The reason I stopped by is that they still never cashed my check for the renewal (still to this day) and they told me the machine was down that night, that they would put it through first thing tomorrow. I wanted to be certain that I was within my grace period and that the app process started before my old license expired. I wasn't sure if I should back off and wait or go back to the local pd again.

The person I spoke with the first time was so rude, it made me very unsure to go back. They didn't ask my name, so I assume they can't get too pissed at me for a call.

The person I spoke with the first time was so rude, it made me very unsure to go back. They didn't ask my name, so I assume they can't get too pissed at me for a call.

Talk to your Chief. They are politicians and can smooth things over. Be polite but firm in letting him know that you are being treated rudely. Next step is your selectman/councilman. Then State Rep and Senator. Right up the ladder. Licensing officer has no right to abuse you.

Talk to your Chief. They are politicians and can smooth things over. Be polite but firm in letting him know that you are being treated rudely. Next step is your selectman/councilman. Then State Rep and Senator. Right up the ladder. Licensing officer has no right to abuse you.
+1

Hey, you have 007 on your lic. plate? I see it at the club.

If so, the LO is on vacation until Monday, talk to him directly about mid week. I had to call on mine too and the DCJIS said they sent it out to them 3 weeks ago (4 now) but then I didn't expire until Monday and they did cash my check like a week after I went in. They should be calling next week I hope.

I actually don't. Just a big Bond fan. Started the online name when I was really young. The check thing was really bugging me, good to know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom