LTC renewal notification

I just checked the mail and I found a notice from the dept of CJ that my LTC will expire soon and I need to renew it. I am ahead of the curve there, but I am flabbergasted... I had heard that Ma does not send these out. Is this new? or have I just been listening to the wrong people???

Yea, I got mine 60 days prior to expiration. I had already made the appointment for renewal and they agreed to send out the paperwork via mail.
I took the required paperwork in for the cash payment and pic and print and after the receipt for the refiling was in hand, I was told that I'd get a
phone call sometime around Thxgiving!!!!! Paperwork filed 60 days early and they tell me I will be expired for 3 weeks when I get my renewal?
I pointed that out and was then told, "There's no problem with that, the grace period covers you, it's just that you cannot buy anything during that time."

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!

I got one in the mail a couple days ago.

I reapplied the last week of August so I should be fine.

It's always been quick in Ludlow but the woman taking it this year said they have a new officer in charge and he waits to send them in till he gets a bunch??

Sounds like B.S. and the reason for delays in other towns.

I've never had a license take more than eight weeks to come back and some as quick as two weeks. If they process them timely they come back timely.

She also printed me out a paper that says I applied to cover me for a grace period.

I'm thinking I am applying 90 days early and she thinks I need a grace period something is wrong.

jaypap
She also printed me out a paper that says I applied to cover me for a grace period.

I'm thinking I am applying 90 days early and she thinks I need a grace period something is wrong.

Without that receipt, not only does the grace period NOT apply, but it also sends you to the back of the line as if you were a new applicant and thus needing the training and certificate again. You would also be in possession with an expired ticket and thus be in violation of the law. I have a friend that did apply for renewal 60 days early but did not get the receipt of application and was told he had expired when he went in to check. Somebody dropped the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom