LTC renewal lost in mail

Called my PD asking about the status of my renewal, and apparently my new LTC was mailed to my apartment a month ago. I never received anything, so it must've gotten lost in the mail. They said they would put in for a new one. But in the meantime, is there anything I'm supposed to do? My current LTC expires in 2 weeks.

Keep your renewal receipt. That shows you applied and are expecting a new LTC. No idea how long it is good for, I think 90 days past the expiration of your LTC.

In my old town the licensing officer just told me not to carry until I had my new license in hand. never became an issue as at that time received it 3 weeks early. But I have always gone to the police station to pick them up. never had one mailed to me.

My sister got hers and they said they mailed it. After a week she called and found out they didn't mail it and just scooted over to pick it up. Are they sure they did mail it out? Probably still at the PD.

yea I asked and they said they mailed the new one out. I also received my initial LTC via mail.

My mailman sucks. I get wrong mail all the time. I requested them to hold the new LTC at the PD until I can pick it up in person. But, since I'm gone on Thanksgiving vacation, it won't be until the current one expires

Keep your renewal receipt. That shows you applied and are expecting a new LTC. No idea how long it is good for, I think 90 days past the expiration of your LTC.

As of 1/1/15, the receipt is good forever, so long as you applied before your old one expired.

However, if they *do* renew your old one, and it gets lost (you lose it, they fail to mail it, postman mis-delivers it, whatever) it could be argued that you failed to have your LTC with you.

However, if they *do* renew your old one, and it gets lost (you lose it, they fail to mail it, postman mis-delivers it, whatever) it could be argued that you failed to have your LTC with you.

That's my main concern. Since they technically already renewed it, the fact that I have a receipt becomes irrelevant right? The receipt is to show that you put in your renewal application prior to expiration.

Called my PD asking about the status of my renewal, and apparently my new LTC was mailed to my apartment a month ago. I never received anything, so it must've gotten lost in the mail. They said they would put in for a new one. But in the meantime, is there anything I'm supposed to do? My current LTC expires in 2 weeks.

I would bet money that they never mailed it to you and it is still sitting on someone's desk. Don't be surprised if it shows up in your mailbox in less than a week or go down there in person and ask if it came in yet because the FRB said it was there already.

Back
Top Bottom