• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC renewal in Boston

Same thing here in Haverhill. Mailed the application. About a month later, I got a phone call from a detective. He asked me to meet him at the police station so he could hand me my LTC. He wanted to see me in person to sign an affidavit about stolen guns or something. Never heard of that. Must be something new. FWIW, never had a gun stolen from me. Nobody that I know of ever had one stolen either.
Prevents anyone from claiming those horrific canoe accidents.

Wow, what?

Dude, I renewed not long ago, WTF did Boston PD do since I renewed until now?

I am curious to understand what happened.
I don't know how long ago this started. When did you get your license renewed? The email doesn't work and the licensing department has their answering machine on loop. Oh, and I'm a dudette......

I don't know how long ago this started. When did you get your license renewed? The email doesn't work and the licensing department has their answering machine on loop. Oh, and I'm a dudette......
That is weird. Maybe they got overwhelmed with renewals? I see a few people on here are having the same problem as I am.

Had the same issue. Called several times and left messages, emailed the app to the address given. No word back. At least Moon Island is a thing of the past!

Boston PD LTC renewal.
Downloaded Renewal form online, and filled it out. Put Renewal form in large envelope.
1/15/2024 Placed envelope with Renewal Form in BPD Lockbox in lobby of BPD Head Qtrs, Ruggles St. Boston.
3/11/2024 Received my renewed LTC by mail from BPD.
I did not have any phone, or face-to-face contact with the licensing Dept.
Joe G, Boston, Ma.

Question - do we just send a copy of our current LTC? The instructions are so unclear, and I can't access the upload portal (the link is broken). Nice for the city to make it so difficult....

Boston PD LTC renewal.
Downloaded Renewal form online, and filled it out. Put Renewal form in large envelope.
1/15/2024 Placed envelope with Renewal Form in BPD Lockbox in lobby of BPD Head Qtrs, Ruggles St. Boston.
3/11/2024 Received my renewed LTC by mail from BPD.
I did not have any phone, or face-to-face contact with the licensing Dept.
Joe G, Boston, Ma.
Can you elaborate on this? Did you pay the renewal fee online or include a check in this large envelope? Who was said envelope addressed to? I got a letter in the mail telling me to renew sooner rather than later. Yes I'm in Boston.
Thanks.

Question - do we just send a copy of our current LTC? The instructions are so unclear, and I can't access the upload portal (the link is broken). Nice for the city to make it so difficult....
Considering the application process, would you expect anything less? Funny they had the Moon Island test even though you couldn't take an uber and no public transportation went there. You had to have a car or rent/borrow one to complete the process. Can anyone think of a certain demographic that may have been put out more than any other with a process like that??

Back
Top Bottom