LTC Renewal Boston (How to?)

Is there a general number for BPD you can call? Maybe bypass the phone line that they don't answer? Maybe try the dispatch non-emergency line if that's all you can find, then ask to be transferred to the desk/duty sergeant?

My LTC is up for renewal in February. This morning I emailed the Licensing Division around 10:00 am. 4 hours later I got a reply with instructions. It looks like everything can be done online. They will send you the DCJIS application which you fill out. You also have to be able to scan your current LTC and driver license. You pay the $100 fee online as well and get a receipt. You will then upload the application, LTC copy, DL copy and receipt for $100 and you're done. BPD says several weeks to process the renewal and LTC will be mailed.

My LTC is up for renewal in February. This morning I emailed the Licensing Division around 10:00 am. 4 hours later I got a reply with instructions. It looks like everything can be done online. They will send you the DCJIS application which you fill out. You also have to be able to scan your current LTC and driver license. You pay the $100 fee online as well and get a receipt. You will then upload the application, LTC copy, DL copy and receipt for $100 and you're done. BPD says several weeks to process the renewal and LTC will be mailed.
Checked my Email. I received an Email today with the application and a phone number in case I have questions.

Maybe they check Emails once per week.

"Checked my Email. I received an Email today with the application and a phone number in case I have questions.

Maybe they check Emails once per week."

Well that's promising, I guess Boston PD has finally entered the computer age.

So we don't need to set up a new interview appointment with the local police chief/captain/LT for a re-up interview? Nor do we need updated reference/character recommendation letters testifying to suitability? No need to show up at the local PD anymore for renewals? Don't they still need updated fingerprints or nah?

So we don't need to set up a new interview appointment with the local police chief/captain/LT for a re-up interview? Nor do we need updated reference/character recommendation letters testifying to suitability? No need to show up at the local PD anymore for renewals? Don't they still need updated fingerprints or nah?
Easy there, Tiger.

I didn't read everything. I did notice it says to ignore the references request).

They are using that form posted earlier, the one I said is a general renewal form.

Easy there, Tiger.

I didn't read everything. I did notice it says to ignore the references request).

They are using that form posted earlier, the one I said is a general renewal form.
Now I read the entire Email;

RENEWALS: Processing renewal applicants will be done remotely. Applicants must submit:

1. Completed Application

2. COPY OF Expired or expiring LTC/FID

3. COPY OF Valid Massachusetts driver’s license or Massachusetts ID

4. Proof of payment.

As long as your renewal is processed prior to your expiration date, your LTC/FID will not expire. Your card will remain active. You will receive your card in the mail. The process usually takes several weeks.

There are 2 links:
1. For payment.
2. To upload docs.

Doesn't mention interview anywhere for renewals, only for new licenses.

The question is ... do I start the process 9 months early or wait until January ... hmmmm...

The question is ... do I start the process 9 months early or wait until January ... hmmmm...
" As long as your renewal is processed prior to your expiration date, your LTC/FID will not expire. Your card will remain active. You will receive your card in the mail. The process usually takes several weeks."

Question is, cause 'covid', things run super slow now even 2 years later. Does several weeks mean 3 months or closer to 2 years?

" As long as your renewal is processed prior to your expiration date, your LTC/FID will not expire. Your card will remain active. You will receive your card in the mail. The process usually takes several weeks."

Question is, cause 'covid', things run super slow now even 2 years later. Does several weeks mean 3 months or closer to 2 years?
I am going to guess for a renewal, several weeks means closer to 4 months ... for new applications probably means 7-9 months.

Checked my Email. I received an Email today with the application and a phone number in case I have questions.

Maybe they check Emails once per week.
I forgot to say that when I emailed BPD this morning I also told them that my good friend Broccoli Iglesias was anxiously awaiting a reply from them as well...

I renewed mine when I got the postcard telling me to renew, like maybe 4 months early.

FWIW, the effective date of my new LTC is when my old one expires, not the date the new one was issued.

Maybe Boston is the same?
They are all the same. Westford was the same received my new LTC a month before the old one expired. Kept using the old one until it expired, switched to the new one.

Back
Top Bottom