• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC renewal....again

Couldn't find the last renewal thread so.......My wife's renewal was submitted on 12/21. Called on Monday (3/15) and the guy said it is in the printing process and it would be another 2-3 weeks. What is up with that? Called the station and the Chief said he's waiting on 80 licenses right now. BTW, W Brookfield.

My wife's in the next town over which is very green took about 3 months then according to the secretary at the police station the whole batch going to warren got mailed to wrong town so that added about another week.
I would find it hard to believe its a town issue with covid and 80% of state workers WFH and limited office capacity due to kung flu I think the slow down is in Chelsea.
Still it is unacceptable.

just did mine in oxford, and it was less then 6 weeks. these towns all place the blame elsewhere, but it is usually the town dragging its feet.

I'm waiting for my first LTC. I called the hotline on March 8 to get status (it had been about a month since I applied). The hotline guy said I was approved, just awaiting printing and delivery to my PD. That was 10 days ago and still no word. Apparently there are printing issues. Is there a paper shortage too :D and not just ammo? FWIW, I'm in Bourne, and the local PD has been amazing so far.

Just got my letter from DCJIS telling me it's time to renew (January). I filled out the state form and emailed my towns licensing officer to see if I should mail it in, drop it off or take it to the appointment.
He responded with twelve hours that they weren't currently doing appointments for renewals, just mail it in or drop it off with a check and he will process.
I'll let you know how it goes, nice so far (new town for me, last one was Mashpee and they were pretty good).

My renewal in Townsend was taking longer than I expected. I kind of let it slip my mind and then realized it had been months.

I called and left a polite message and got a call back in 2-3 days to come pick it up. May have just got lost in the shuffle. Townsend is a great town and green as they come.

Back
Top Bottom