• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ltc recommendation

FMH2016

NES Member
Hi guys. I'm just looking for some advice on writing an ltc recommendation letter. What to include, tips and things to avoid. Sick as hell and mind is blank as I write it! Any help is appreciated . Thanks guys!

When I wrote mine/had mine written I wrote how the individuals were responsible, reliable, and trustworthy people. stuff like that. How long you have know them and your relationship with them. Mine were short and sweet. about a small paragraph, 4 sentences.

kind of like how you would sell yourself in a job interview.

IMO, short and to the point. I would say how long you've known the person, how it is that you know the person (a friend, co-worker), that they're responsible and of good moral character and that they're fit to be licensed to carry a firearm.

If you run a search, you should find plenty of templates. My suggestion is to write the letters yourself and have the people sign them and send them in or whatever is required. Generally, make sure thE letter includes everything that the app asks for.

Something along the lines of:

Dear Chief Bob Loblaw,

I have known Billy Bob personally and /or professionally for xxx years. He is a person of good character and who takes his responsibilities seriously. I recommend that you approve him for a License to Carry Firearms for any and all lawful purposes.

Sincerely,

Dudley Do-Right

Modify as you see fit.

ETA: by the way, that is almost verbatim the letter that I, and a few other people I know used. The only difference between my letters and my wife's were the names and the number of years. It doesn't have to be a book.

The permit cop in my town don't give a sh!t. He's a cool guy and easy going. I think he looks at the crap as a hassle and would rather not have the permits. We need NH gun laws [sad2]

"What part of 'Shall not be infringed' do you not understand, you Jack-Booted Thug?"

Also, make sure to mention that the applicant pays his salary, and is currently on his meds.

Works every time.

Seriously, when I did it, I just said that I'd known the applicant for [x] years, in [x] context, and signed it with some of the 'street cred' in my .sig

Back
Top Bottom