LTC question in LITTLETON

ok so a friend is applying for a ltc. He lives in LITTLETON MA and wants a ALP. I know its a green town but wanted to see if anyone had any expirence in this town. any info would be appriciated...thanks

ok so a friend is applying for a ltc. He lives in LITTLETON MA and wants a ALP. I know its a green town but wanted to see if anyone had any expirence in this town. any info would be appriciated...thanks

I live in Acton (green) and work and do gun stuff in Littleton.(My FFL address). Last time I looked, the IA wanted some ref. letters. Your buddy should pick up the package at the station and just ask if there are any problems in getting the LTC A with no restrictions. Jack.

I'm a Littleton resident, and my experience is that your friend should be able to get an unrestricted Class A LTC. They do require 3 letters of reference but I think it's mostly a CYA move, as opposed to looking for reasons to deny. Jack's suggestion is a good one, just stop by and ask.

They do require 3 letters of reference but I think it's mostly a CYA move, as opposed to looking for reasons to deny.

And just how, pray tell, do ANY "letters of reference" constitute "a CYA move" under law for a licensing authority?

Such letters are demanded by the ignorant and/or obstructionistic; the competent chiefs know such letters provide no protection and are too intelligent to waste time on them.

Likely a CYA move, similar to the silly questions they ask of you on the form when buying a firearm. "Are you a criminal". "Are you mentally stable". Really...they expect one to answer these with anything OTHER than the appropriate answers is just silly. So, yes, they are likely pulling a CYA move-that way, they cannot be held liable. Kind of like work references. Does it REALLY mean anything? No, of course not. I have had a bunch of friends use me as a reference for both jobs AND licensing, and have yet to receive a call for either. That could be just luck, or simply thats the way it is. Either way, a reference from someone you dont know, FOR someone you dont know, really doesnt amount to anything else other than a simple CYA move to prevent any future liability issues, IMHO.

Likely a CYA move, similar to the silly questions they ask of you on the form when buying a firearm. "Are you a criminal". "Are you mentally stable".
know, really doesnt amount to anything else other than a simple CYA move to prevent any future liability issues, IMHO.
See post #4 - meangingless non-sense...

My personal favorite is "are you a fugitive from justice?" [rofl2]

Hello everyone, I am the friend from the original post that is planning on applying for the LTC in Littleton. I've read your responses and I want to thank everyone for their feedback. I spoke to an Officer at the station who was extremely helpful and from what I gather from our conversation I shouldn't have any problems.

And just how, pray tell, do ANY "letters of reference" constitute "a CYA move" under law for a licensing authority?

Such letters are demanded by the ignorant and/or obstructionistic; the competent chiefs know such letters provide no protection and are too intelligent to waste time on them.

They may provide no protection "under law" and at the same time hold weight in the court of public opinion. I don't know the specific reason Littleton requires them, I merely gave my impression of the process. I certainly wouldn't call Littleton's licensing practices obstructionist.

I don't know the specific reason Littleton requires them, I merely gave my impression of the process. I certainly wouldn't call Littleton's licensing practices obstructionist.

Try applying without said letters and get back to us.

I would hardly call a town that fabricates additional obstacles cooperative.

Back
Top Bottom