LTC pin

Or, if you buy items frequently, like many here, you will have the number firmly committed to memory.

OK, Thanks.
When I got the letter, they photo copied the letter and placed my LTC right over the spot where the pin is and sent me that copy.
Dummies.
Now I have to call, leave a message, play phone tag. Or I could take the letter and walk in with it.
Sometimes I swear they do things like this on purpose.

I put mine in my phone contacts or in the notes section under an alias.....bit cryptic so if someone sees it they aren't sure what it is

What happens if you buy a firearm during your renewal period, when you still have your old pin and license and your new one has been sent but not yet notified by PD that it has arrived or still in mail?

Why not just write it on the back of your LTC with a sharpie and cover it with a piece of scotch tape. There's a freaking picture of you on the front. What purpose does the pin serve??

In theory its classic 2 factor authentication. Something you are (photo) and something you know (pin).

But the last I'd heard, nobody in MA had had plastic surgery to match a stolen LTC they had, so they could buy a gun.

Not only does the Pin change when you get a new license, it's not the same if you have both a LTC and a machinegun license. I do as StevieP says and write it on the back.

I put mine in my phone contacts or in the notes section under an alias.....bit cryptic so if someone sees it they aren't sure what it is
Fyi “Mr Jon Pew Pew” in your contact list isn’t fooling anyone.

What happens if you buy a firearm during your renewal period, when you still have your old pin and license and your new one has been sent but not yet notified by PD that it has arrived or still in mail?
If the PD has activated it and just not mailed it out yet, your old LTC # and PIN will bounce when you try to do an FA-10.

Why not just write it on the back of your LTC with a sharpie and cover it with a piece of scotch tape. There's a freaking picture of you on the front. What purpose does the pin serve??

In theory its classic 2 factor authentication. Something you are (photo) and something you know (pin).

But the last I'd heard, nobody in MA had had plastic surgery to match a stolen LTC they had, so they could buy a gun.
Nobody looks at the pictures. I worked in a place (don't recall which company this happened in) where someone overlaid a picture of a monkey over his picture on the ID badge everyone was required to show (gov't security clearance place) and wear at work. NOBODY noticed it for ~3 months.

Oh shoot. So my MG license came with a PIN??
Yup, different license # and PIN.

OK, Thanks.
When I got the letter, they photo copied the letter and placed my LTC right over the spot where the pin is and sent me that copy.
Dummies.
Now I have to call, leave a message, play phone tag. Or I could take the letter and walk in with it.
Sometimes I swear they do things like this on purpose.

LOL

I have always get the original letter with my license.

Bob

If the PD has activated it and just not mailed it out yet, your old LTC # and PIN will bounce when you try to do an FA-10.

I got my last renewal out of the way very early and had two LTCs for about 3 months, each with separate PINs. During that overlap period I did FA-10s with my currently in-force (old) LTC and its associated PIN successfully. The valid start date on my renewal was (at that point) in the future. Never tried with the renewal LTC and PIN until that date when it said it became valid. Perhaps the PD hadn't activated the new one yet, but I was called and given the renewal and new PIN three months early.

I would believe Len over myself any day of the week, just relating anecdotal experience.

I got my last renewal out of the way very early and had two LTCs for about 3 months, each with separate PINs. During that overlap period I did FA-10s with my currently in-force (old) LTC and its associated PIN successfully. The valid start date on my renewal was (at that point) in the future. Never tried with the renewal LTC and PIN until that date when it said it became valid. Perhaps the PD hadn't activated the new one yet, but I was called and given the renewal and new PIN three months early.

I would believe Len over myself any day of the week, just relating anecdotal experience.
I guess I need to clarify. I was "ass-u-ming" (bad, bad) that the person was on the grace period (old one expired). At your birthday/expiration of old LTC, if you have your new one, the old one won't work. If you don't have it but the PD has the new one and has activated it, your old LTC/PIN won't work either. If the new one hasn't been activated yet, the old LTC/PIN will work.

Back
Top Bottom