• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC notification question

So I came home today and had a notice from the DCJIS in Chelsea. It was about an LTC expiring in the near future. This is confusing because I had only applied for my first LTC 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

I should also note that the name it was addressed to did not have "Jr." after the name (which I am). This happens sometimes and my mom or dad end up opening my mail, haha. But as far as I know my dad doesn't have an LTC (he is a retired LEO, but to my knowledge he doesn't have his pistol anymore).

Could this also mean my application went through and is set to go? (wishful thinking there! [smile])

Man I hope that isn't the case! I figured I'd shell out another $100 soon anyways since I'm under 25 and our CoP doesn't issue unrestricted licenses unless you're 25<, but I thought I'd have more time than that, lol.

I'd check with your father just to be on the safe side. Maybe he still does have his ltc, and if he says no I'd check with your pd or call Chelsea.

I received the same thing a few months ago. Was a little shocked because I thought my license was good for a few more years. Then I remembered I still had a valid FID from my Pre-LTC years.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom