LTC not acceptable form of Identification

well it was at the Post Office......not the brightest monkeys in the jungle.

I just wish I knew enough to make their life miserable by filing charges back then. The Postmaster was a class A jerk (used to close/lock the doors during listed business hours, etc.) and this clerk was an arrogant prick. In contrast I always found the workers in two other USPOs great to deal with.

My friend's father had his LTC suspended for using it as a form of ID at a bank. They said he was trying to intimidate the bank employee. I only take mine out of my wallet at the gun store that's it

OMG! DID HE DEMAND MONEY ?!?!?
SH!T like this makes me so frustrated ... i hate idiots

People make up your mind! You shop at Dicks and get pissed when they ask you for your LTC...now someone does not take your LTC and your undies are in a knot.....Good God make up your ****ing mind![slap]

i've never complained about anyone asking for my LTC, i think it should definitely be required when purchasing ammo.

Basically, I think people are just not use to seeing the LTC because it's not common. I wonder if you'll ever hear this problem in Texas.

This use to always drive me nuts that I could buy just about any firearm available in MA and buy ammo yet I could not use it for ID of any kind really. I did not have my license for years (never had a use for it) so all that I had for ID was this and an old state issued ID from when I turned 21. It was hit or miss at bars and stores. A couple of times I launched into an articulate diatribe about what the LTC allowed me to do vs. ID and how the Chief of Police had to review my application and then issue to me after a background check and how they seemed to be trusting the hacks at the RMV more when they issue licenses to illegals. It never worked but it satisfied my sense of moral outrage. I went to a bank once to open an account and they would not let me because an LTC with multiple confirming items was not enough (they claimed it was a Patriot Act matter). Anyway, long story shot, I got a stupid license and now I can buy more guns and ammo so I guess it was for the best...

A HOLOGRAM !!!

I guess the more fancy holograms an ID has, the more important it is [sarcasm]

Crap! I should have gotten my high security holographic airman's certificate when I had the chance, even though I'll never use it again. I could have used it for holographic ID at airports! Maybe get extra loving attention from TSA.

My friend's father had his LTC suspended for using it as a form of ID at a bank. They said he was trying to intimidate the bank employee. I only take mine out of my wallet at the gun store that's it

This sums up just about everything that is wrong with MA.

You don't need to show any form of id to vote or collect welfare, but can't use an id that is 1000 X harder to get than any state issued id. Unreal.

I handed my LTC to TSA at Bradley Airport and they had a problem with it because it didn't have a hologram.
giphy.gif

I know of one bank that accepted my LTC when opening an account (my drivers license had, unbeknownst to me, expired). The branch manager (not all that guilty) was kind of giggly, like she was a teenager accepting "on a dare".

I was once travelling in NJ and managed to lose my drivers license on the floor of the car when I rolled into a hotel at midnight after driving all day. Didnt realize until I was checking in and my only photo ID was my LTC.

Eyes as big as saucers, but didnt question it.

It is a state issued ID so it would fall under the "state non-driver’s identification card" on the USPS list of acceptable IDs.
Nope. That term refers to an official state ID, generally issued by the RMV/DMV/whatever and to the same standard as a driving license. It is issued so non drivers may have their papers in order.

LTCs (a) Are MUCH easier to forge that driving licenses and (b) Are not on the "vendor is protected if a good forgery is presented" list of IDs for alcohol purchases. "b" is often misquoted by vendors as "the only ID allowed" when it's really "One of the few IDs that protect from a per-se offense if you fool me with a forgery or use one of someone who looks a bit like you".

LTCs are specifically on the TSA 'no go' lists. Besides being easier to forge, less uniform procedures in issuance (no universal standard for proving ID/name), etc. there is a little book of what all state IDs look like but no such book for LTCs/CCW/Permits.

Nope. That term refers to an official state ID, generally issued by the RMV/DMV/whatever and to the same standard as a driving license. It is issued so non drivers may have their papers in order.

LTCs (a) Are MUCH easier to forge that driving licenses and (b) Are not on the "vendor is protected if a good forgery is presented" list of IDs for alcohol purchases. "b" is often misquoted by vendors as "the only ID allowed" when it's really "One of the few IDs that protect from a per-se offense if you fool me with a forgery or use one of someone who looks a bit like you".

LTCs are specifically on the TSA 'no go' lists. Besides being easier to forge, less uniform procedures in issuance (no universal standard for proving ID/name), etc. there is a little book of what all state IDs look like but no such book for LTCs/CCW/Permits.

Your analysis as always is spot on.

As such, it is important that Massachusetts eliminates the LTC and FID requirements as they are both prone to corruption and counterfeit.

I won't accept a liquor ID for identification at my office, but I tell my customers I'll take a gun permit 24/7 and twice on Sunday over a MA driver's license or ID. My agency claims they don't know how carefully people are vetted. Being Liberals, they're about as clueless as you can get. I'll accept it over the garbage we're normally forced to accept which is largely questionable and foreign.

Last edited:
Used my Ltc for real id drivers license last week. No worries. so I am missing something. used my Ltc as a core document for my real I’d that it allows me to fly…..but can’t use it as proof of identity?

Used my Ltc for real id drivers license last week. No worries. so I am missing something. used my Ltc as a core document for my real I’d that it allows me to fly…..but can’t use it as proof of identity?

I've previously used mine at an airport before too, before this "Real ID" ever started. I don't worry about that crap now, I'll not be flying anymore.

You mean the bank that requires fingerprints and charges a fee when presented with a note drawn on their bank at their own clerk?

This comes a surprise?!
There was an article about a customer at BoA that could not cash a check because he has prosthetic arms and the policy was "fingerprint, no exceptions".

MA LTCs nearly look fake off the bat with the bad seal printed on there

Back
Top Bottom