LTC needed to buy empty ammo cans???

I was at Cabelas in Berlin,MA today and i picked up some new empty GI style metal ammo cans. When i was checking out the computer flagged them and she asked me for my ltc. I have never heard of that one before, i did not buy any other firearms related stuff, just the cans and some roasted pecans. Wondering if anyone else had ever had that one happen??

I was at Cabelas in Berlin,MA today and i picked up some new empty GI style metal ammo cans. When i was checking out the computer flagged them and she asked me for my ltc. I have never heard of that one before, i did not buy any other firearms related stuff, just the cans and some roasted pecans. Wondering if anyone else had ever had that one happen??

Are you certain it wasn't the roasted pecans that tripped the flag?

It's always bugged me a bit that they record your license # when you buy firearm related stuff. I did notice on Friday that had the Ruger LC9S for $319, which is a pretty good price.

It's always bugged me a bit that they record your license # when you buy firearm related stuff. I did notice on Friday that had the Ruger LC9S for $319, which is a pretty good price.

You sure you don't mean Dick's? The only number that Cabella's has ever recorded was my date of birth (and yes, I've watched them plug it in).

New ruling from Maura ?

I'm not 100% positive, but it looked a lot longer than my birth date. I'll have to retract my previous statement until I can verify it. I should think before I speak. It's not really fair to Cabelas.

Their inventory system probably just automatically flags any SKU which contains the words gun, magazine, ammunition, etc as requiring an LTC for purchase. Then when it's discovered that any given item does not actually require any ID to purchase, the manager goes on the computer and removes the flag. You see that kinda shit all the time in retail computer systems.

nobody needs a high capacity ammo can.

If I were to guess the computer probably flags anything with a upc that has "Ammo" in it. And the computer wont let you carry on the transaction without a number. stupid but probably and oversight.

Cabela's has been doing this for the past year. There is another thread on exactly this behavior if you search for it. So, since they haven't fixed it in a year or so, my guess is that it is intentional. You can't fix stupid.

Only been to this store in Berlin for the pre-opening and not since. I've passed by it (intentionally) a few times however.

just tell them you vote Democrat, no iD required [laugh]

Last week I bought 2 speed loaders. Cashier asked for my LTC. I asked her why she needed it since the loaders are not regulated. She said she knew they weren't however the computer would not let her continue until she put in the licence number.

Ask for a manager. I've done this, they fix it, and it pisses off other customers waiting in line. Do this enough and maybe they will correct it.

Back
Top Bottom