LTC License Picture Source

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I recently picked up my renewed license and it had a different picture on it than my previous LTC. First time they beat the 60 day requirement. 👍

They didn’t take my picture or fingerprints so I was wondering where they got the picture from. Turns out that it is the same picture that is on my Massachusetts drivers license.

Makes me wonder how interconnected the databases are these days.🤔

Bob

I recently picked up my renewed license and it had a different picture on it than my previous LTC. First time they beat the 60 day requirement. 👍

They didn’t take my picture or fingerprints so I was wondering where they got the picture from. Turns out that it is the same picture that is on my Massachusetts drivers license.

Bob
That became common during COVID.

I just renewed my DL online for the 3rd time in a row, so a pretty old picture. Will be interesting if they use that old pic on my next LTC.

Bob
1. It doesn't matter, you got your LTC.
2. Not sure about State, but feds can see everything.

Back when I was dating my wife, her mom came to visit from Venezuela for the first time ever. Security stopped her and made her miss her flight. She could see the computer from her seat at the airport in Florida and said that my wife's full information as well as mine was on the screen ... and I was only dating her.

That being said, govt is inefficient and databases can be tricky depending on how they were designed. But theoretically, if they update their databases they could all share information. A database is just a series of tables and you can easily run queries based on certain criteria. So if all DB are not sharing information today, they soon will be, we just have to thank politics and gov inefficiency/incompetence for the delay ... and keep praying for inefficiency/incompetence to prevail.

1. It doesn't matter, you got your LTC.
2. Not sure about State, but feds can see everything.

Back when I was dating my wife, her mom came to visit from Venezuela for the first time ever. Security stopped her and made her miss her flight. She could see the computer from her seat at the airport in Florida and said that my wife's full information as well as mine was on the screen ... and I was only dating her.

That being said, govt is inefficient and databases can be tricky depending on how they were designed. But theoretically, if they update their databases they could all share information. A database is just a series of tables and you can easily run queries based on certain criteria. So if all DB are not sharing information today, they soon will be, we just have to thank politics and gov inefficiency/incompetence for the delay ... and keep praying for inefficiency/incompetence to prevail.
yet an every time i need an fbi clearance they take a new set of my fingerprints. i did it now like, a 6 times at least. stupid is as stupid does.

I was mid sneeze when the license cop snapped my LTC pic. I looked like I was being electrocuted.
The cop wanted to retake it but I kept it. I used that stupid looking thing for 6 years.
The Wally World ammo counter guy used to almost vaper lock every time I handed it to him.
I kind of wished I sneezed again for the recent one.

yet an every time i need an fbi clearance they take a new set of my fingerprints. i did it now like, a 6 times at least. stupid is as stupid does.
Finger prints might be different. Fingers can change - cuts, burns, skin gets wrinkles ...

Renewed last year, they used the license picture that was probably eight years or older. It vaguely reminds me of my high school ID.

I just renewed my DL online for the 3rd time in a row, so a pretty old picture. Will be interesting if they use that old pic on my next LTC.
The system is not supposed to allow more than 1 online renewal in a row. The license photo cannot be older than 10 years. Interesting you could multiple online renewals.

The system is not supposed to allow more than 1 online renewal in a row. The license photo cannot be older than 10 years. Interesting you could multiple online renewals.
I know it used to be like that, every other time you had to go in. My wife just did her 2nd in a row too. And others on here have said they were able to as well. I'm assuming covid related that they relaxed the rule to have less people have to go into the RMV. But I guess that doesn't explain my last one 5 years ago that was my 2nd in a row.. oh well, I'm not complaining. It still looks like me, just a bit younger, a bit heavier :)

Obviously quite a bit.

As a small business owner, not nearly enough. It's a total cluster-bleep to get stuff to work on State systems. You end up reporting hte same info multiple times. It'd be great if you input it once and then they outlined all of the things you need to do with it. Nope. You have to remember the multiple things. Every quarter.

Oh and when you go to print out the confirmation, it's a simple screen print. That is THREE F'ING PAGES LONG. I end up only printing the 2nd page and then highlighting the important info that is BURIED in the copious verbiage.

and I don't mean you screen-print. You click the "PRINT MY RECEIPT" and it. . . . SCREEN PRINTS HTE MF!

Bob
They are very well connected, try getting into a real secure place. They know everything about you and your past.

This makes me wonder about a question I've never seen a straightforward answer to: Can an MA police officer see an LTC based solely on a license plate, or do they need the driver's license? Because for example one of my cars is still titled to the finance company, is registered to me, but is mostly driven by my gf who does not have an LTC. In other words, is an inferred connection between a license plate, the owner and/or registrant for which has an LTC?

This makes me wonder about a question I've never seen a straightforward answer to: Can an MA police officer see an LTC based solely on a license plate, or do they need the driver's license? Because for example one of my cars is still titled to the finance company, is registered to me, but is mostly driven by my gf who does not have an LTC. In other words, is an inferred connection between a license plate, the owner and/or registrant for which has an LTC?

Yes, MA police officers most definitely can see LTC status when running a plate.

Pull up a scanner feed for your area sometime. You'll hear dispatch give the officer a heads up when running a plate that the RO has an LTC and sometimes they will advise the number of firearms _registered_ to that RO.

/ETA : melrose PD is UHF and not encrypted. a cheap ~ $100 scanner can be used to listen to their chatter. broadcastify has a feed that includes PD and fire though it says it is temporarily locked on to saugus (have not confirmed).

1663099079361.png

1663099183675.png

Last edited:
I also just renewed online for a second time. I'm guessing the photo is 9 years and 355 days old so technically less than 10 years? Not sure how it works but I'm not complaining over not needing a trip to the RMV.

Obviously quite a bit.
Honestly wish it was more integrated and they printed on the RMV system like many states do.

FAST handles the system of record for RMV, but I did not think they had the contract for LTCs. I am sure that the State police and the licensing board has access to view RMV records.

Back
Top Bottom