• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC is "in the mail"

Greetings, all. I found this board via the Four Seasons Gun Shop website and figured I'd poke my head in and say hi.

I'm a Boston resident patiently awaiting the arrival of my Class "A" LTC. I passed the Moon Island range test last week (286 out of 300). It was easier than I thought it would be.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for my LTC to show up as "unrestricted" but keeping my fingers crossed for the outside chance that it might happen. When they entered my application into the MIRCS system at BPD headquarters, I clearly saw th officer there type "All Lawful Purposes" into the "Reason fo Issuance" field on the form. Likewise, when the range officer filled in my reporting form, she put "All LAwful Purposes" in the "Applying For" blank on the form.

We'll see. I will keep you all posted.

I applied on 4/27, took the range test on 5/11, so it looks like it will be a very happy Independence Day for me this year as I plan on spending a portion of that weekend at a gun shop.

That's all for now. If anyone's interested, I write the blog, mAss Backwards, in which I often write about many "success stories" (sarcasm: on) of Massachusetts gun control laws. i.e. innocent unarmed folks being preyed upon by armed criminals. No shortage of material, that's for sure. The language is R-rated, so if you're easily offended by that, maybe you shouldn't go forth.

Cheers!

Much faster process than my town... I turned in my renewal/upgrade application in Jan. I went back in almost 2 months ago to have my mug shot taken, fingerprint put on the license and sign it.. I went back about 3 weeks ago to check the status and I was told that the licenses that went in the week before mine just came back so mine should be back that following week... Still nothing.

I think I will go back in again tonight after work and check again...

Welcome mAss

Adam

mAss Backwards said:
Greetings, all. I found this board via the Four Seasons Gun Shop website and figured I'd poke my head in and say hi.

I'm a Boston resident patiently awaiting the arrival of my Class "A" LTC. I passed the Moon Island range test last week (286 out of 300). It was easier than I thought it would be.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for my LTC to show up as "unrestricted" but keeping my fingers crossed for the outside chance that it might happen. When they entered my application into the MIRCS system at BPD headquarters, I clearly saw th officer there type "All Lawful Purposes" into the "Reason fo Issuance" field on the form. Likewise, when the range officer filled in my reporting form, she put "All LAwful Purposes" in the "Applying For" blank on the form.

We'll see. I will keep you all posted.

I applied on 4/27, took the range test on 5/11, so it looks like it will be a very happy Independence Day for me this year as I plan on spending a portion of that weekend at a gun shop.

That's all for now. If anyone's interested, I write the blog, mAss Backwards, in which I often write about many "success stories" (sarcasm: on) of Massachusetts gun control laws. i.e. innocent unarmed folks being preyed upon by armed criminals. No shortage of material, that's for sure. The language is R-rated, so if you're easily offended by that, maybe you shouldn't go forth.

Cheers!

I've had you blogrolled for quite some time. Nice to see you here, though.

The past 3 times I have gone in for renewal, on the day we went in to have our pics taken we had to make out a self addressed envelope and when it was ready they just mailed it to us.

Adam

We live in a really small town,so the officers know all of us. Son hated it growing up because as he put it he couldn't get away with anything. Also didn't help father-in-law had been police chief for a long time. Which either works for us or against us depending on whether they liked him or not.

Welcome to the new members and new licensees. :p

Boston: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! They vary with who's in charge, who's working, political mood, how many drive-by shootings happen, and phase of the moon.

MIRCS is supposed to make a lot of the background checks automated and this should shave serious time off all the paperwork shuffling that the PDs have had to do up until now. End result should make the process very quick (compared to what it has been) and less man/woman-power intensive at the PD.

Now Brookline, Quincy and Dedham are altogether different stories. See my posts yesterday per request of Atty. Jesse Cohen under Gun Laws.

They are "going to the mat" in the above places and I expect some serious changes to take place there.

Dedham was where the LTC was revoked because a breeze blew open the person's jacket as he was carrying some pizzas to his car and a Dedham PO spotted his holstered gun. [Take note: those that believe that open carry is OK in MA should talk to this poor guy!]

ETA: Correction about Dedham.

Heya mAss, good to see you here. mASS BACKWARDS is one of my regular stops during the day (along with Northeast Shooters). Hope to hear that you got that ALP license soon.

Now Brookline, Quincy and Dedham are altogether different stories. See my posts yesterday per request of Atty. Jesse Cohen under Gun Laws.

They are "going to the mat" in the above places and I expect some serious changes to take place there.

Dedham was where the LTC was revoked because a breeze blew open the person's jacket as he was carrying some pizzas to his car and a Dedham PO spotted his holstered gun. [Take note: those that believe that open carry is OK in MA should talk to this poor guy!]

ETA: Correction about Dedham.
Can you tell more about Quincy? I just dropped off my LTC unrestricted application last 2 weeks. Have not heard any update so far.

Can you tell more about Quincy? I just dropped off my LTC unrestricted application last 2 weeks. Have not heard any update so far.

2 weeks? Is this your first LTC? Typical wait time is anywhere from 2 months to 6 months depending on the current environment and where you live. Plan on not hearing anything until early Dec right now and anything before will be a bonus.

to get unrestricted in boston, im pretty sure you need to attach a letter stating the reason why?

a friend of mine just got his unrestricted LTC A a few weeks ago in boston

Gotta be a more recent thread to ask your questions in. 15 years? JFC. Let this one RIP

Quincy dumped the mayor from back then and changed policies. If >25 yo you got unrestricted. Sadly if <25 yo got restricted but could get that removed once they turned 25.

2 weeks? Is this your first LTC? Typical wait time is anywhere from 2 months to 6 months depending on the current environment and where you live. Plan on not hearing anything until early Dec right now and anything before will be a bonus.
Oh damn, I didn't know the process took that long. It's my first LTC, my trainer told me it is around 2-3 weeks for fingerprints and another month for physical license send to me. Thank you for your information, sir.

Quincy dumped the mayor from back then and changed policies. If >25 yo you got unrestricted. Sadly if <25 yo got restricted but could get that removed once they turned 25.
Luckily, I'm 28 and will be 29 at the end of September :)

Back
Top Bottom