• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC if you own a business in a different town

Kicker96FS

NES Member
The title says it all, I have a person that I work with that owns a business in a different town than where they live. The town they live in is not green for first time applicants. I have heard that this is done.
How should/would they apply in the town they have their business in?

They can apply in the town they own the business in the same way they would apply in the town they live in.

There are two issues with this:

- A fair number of chiefs will refuse the application and tell the person to apply where they live.
- If their business changes the street address, they must apply all over again and pay the fee again. This was told to me by the FRB Director about the time that Pennypincher was filing for a resident LTC from her business address (she had moved to NH). So this is not just a "notify and done". Likewise, if they close the business, the local chief will expire the LTC.

If the business deals in large amounts of cash, many towns that normally restrict LTCs will issue non-restricted if they can prove that vulnerability.

The title says it all, I have a person that I work with that owns a business in a different town than where they live. The town they live in is not green for first time applicants. I have heard that this is done.
How should/would they apply in the town they have their business in?
what town is the business in? That makes a difference

Back
Top Bottom