• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC holders in Boston, how has your experience been owning a firearm?

I'm not too intimidated by the range test. Looking forward to getting it done. Appreciate the parking advice, I'll check that out.

Just get some revolver practice before the test. Double action at 7 yards and single or double action at 15 yards. They don't make you do one handed shooting any more, at least not when my daughter or myself took the test.

lol, just park the car further down Tremont and walk a couple of blocks, you'll be fine. In all fairness to Boston's hoodrats, they rarely ever mess with anyone in broad daylight. The general exception being gang rivalry BS. I've lived in the city for 40 years and most of that time was a few blocks away from the headquarters in Mission Hill. Only time I ever got robbed was when I was a young and stupid kid and it was a great experience for me to learn situational awareness.

Everytime I've visited BPD HQ in my personal vehicle, I've always found parking within 5 minutes of walking distance. No problems.

Also: For your appointment, arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Fill out their GREEN Form ( if they still use that ).
And you will be out of there in less than 15 minutes of your schedule appointed time. ( experience from taking quite a few applicants there )

Last edited:
I have a renewal in Boston coming up in September. I assume I have to go back to Moon Island to pass the shooting test again?
Of course. You have to prove to them that for the past 5 years, that you've actually been shooting your gun and can shoot proficiently. Then cough $100 for your rights back. Hope you're good with an antique 38!

Of course. You have to prove to them that for the past 5 years, that you've actually been shooting your gun and can shoot proficiently. Then cough $100 for your rights back. Hope you're good with an antique 38!

fan freakingtastic

What actually what you need to shoot or say(rules???) At moonland island? Can someone summary the whole process? Thanks

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Boston isn't that bad ....All the hoops you need to go through to have a "RIGHT" ...You guys are too funny

Last edited:
Boston isn't that bad ....All the hoops you need to go through to have a "RIGHT" ...You guys are too funny
Assuming you're in MA, did you or did you not have to beg for permission to exercise your rights? Boston isn't really any worse than half of the towns in MA.

It still sucks- but compared to other red shitbird towns? Boston is game-able. They don't even downgrade move-in renewals anymore.

Assuming you're in MA, did you or did you not have to beg for permission to exercise your rights? Boston isn't really any worse than half of the towns in MA.

It's still in the worst 20 towns in MA class but I would say that it's at the better end of the "shit" category, it's more like mustard ketchup than a full blown douche red town like Springfield or Brookline.

-Mike

It's still in the worst 20 towns in MA class but I would say that it's at the better end of the "shit" category, it's more like mustard ketchup than a full blown douche red town like Springfield or Brookline.
Yep. There are definitely worse towns than Boston.

sketch-1500943071698.jpg

Do I get to keep this sucker when I renew in my new town?

Illegal parking can be found, it just depends upon what you want to risk. I usually park along the side street next to the HQ, but that is generally for police only. Uber or the orange line would probably be your best bet. One time I had my wife drop me off and then drive around until I was finished. That didn't go over well with her though.
You bunch of newbs!
Across Tremont St from the HQ is Whittier Street. There is usually parking there, or the other small streets around the apartments. Parked there many times.

There is usually parking on that end of Columbus Ave, although there’s been a lot of construction lately. We drive by there every weekday, on the way to school.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom