• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Expiration

Fixxah

NES Member
Pardon my ignorance if my question has been answered. My search skills are lacking.
Q: Are current permits good until the expiration date even if it was renewed just before the law was changed?

Thanks Len.
Anytime my friend!

I remember being in Four Seasons many years ago when someone tried to buy a gun with their "renewed" LTC and MIRCS failed. He had thrown out his "Old" LTC (that was still valid) when he received the renewed one. Unlike a DL, it shows the first date that it becomes valid in MIRCS and due to the new LTC # and new PIN upon each renewal (unlike a DL that doesn't change), it's not active in MIRCS until the birthday.

Anytime my friend!

I remember being in Four Seasons many years ago when someone tried to buy a gun with their "renewed" LTC and MIRCS failed. He had thrown out his "Old" LTC (that was still valid) when he received the renewed one. Unlike a DL, it shows the first date that it becomes valid in MIRCS and due to the new LTC # and new PIN upon each renewal (unlike a DL that doesn't change), it's not active in MIRCS until the birthday.
I’ve had that happen to me…. I was purchasing a Krag from a NES member at a shop. The shop ended up holding it until I was able get back there with my old license.

Back
Top Bottom