• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Class A with Restrictions...

Good morning everyone. As you can all see, I am new here, and I still need to learn how to use the forums. So, please don't flame me for making a new post if it has already been created before.

I live in Springfield, MA. I applied for a Class A. My local police department called me the other day, and told me that they do NOT give out ALP Class A. So it looks like I will be getting the Hunting / Target / Sporting restrictions.

I read the gun laws pertaining to the restrictions, and I am still unclear how it all works. I do a lot of fishing, and outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, walking, etc.

Under these restrictions, am I allow to CCW? If so, when?

Also, are there Gun Lawyers that can help get the restrictions removed, so that I have a better peace of mind about CCW.

If you need anymore information, please feel free to ask.

P.S. I am also looking for a local indoor gun range to target shoot. Smith and Wesson is nearby but I am still checking to see if they reopened their range.

Thanks Everyone !

Hi Outdoorstim, and welcome. With those restrictions, you may not ccw when engaged in those activities. It allows you to transport firearms to and from the range under certain guidelines, guidelines that are somewhat unclear at times, and have been discussed at length here. Just search transporting firearms in the search box at the top right. This will also be applicable to your search for a pro 2a attorney that might work in the Springfield area. I'm just sorry that these restrictions even exist, and are so arbitrary, but that's legislation regarding anything firearms related in Mass.

Going GREEN as soon as possible will also help you make friends quicker here.

Don't worry, the Fd up gun laws in MA confuse everyone. If you get a Hunting and Target restriction, you can not carry concealed. I'm not sure if that then bars open carry (someone can chime in on that), though open carry in MA is genrally not a good idea even though it is not technically against the law. Attorney Jesse Cohen who frequents this board is an attorney you would probably want to consult. http://www.attorneycohen.com/

Good morning everyone. As you can all see, I am new here, and I still need to learn how to use the forums. So, please don't flame me for making a new post if it has already been created before.

I live in Springfield, MA. I applied for a Class A. My local police department called me the other day, and told me that they do NOT give out ALP Class A. So it looks like I will be getting the Hunting / Target / Sporting restrictions.

I read the gun laws pertaining to the restrictions, and I am still unclear how it all works. I do a lot of fishing, and outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, walking, etc.

Also, are there Gun Lawyers that can help get the restrictions removed, so that I have a better peace of mind about CCW.

P.S. I am also looking for a local indoor gun range to target shoot. Smith and Wesson is nearby but I am still checking to see if they reopened their range.

Thanks Everyone !

No ccw. Check out Holyoke revolver club. Nice indoor and outdoor hand gun range, High power rifle range also. I think there indoor range is better than S&W. Right off 91 in Holyoke. Indoor range open 24 hrs.

As for me going Green, that will take a little time. I have very limited funds at the moment. I am slowly getting into things here and there. I haven't yet been issued my LTC, it is still pending, another 6 weeks to wait.

It is going to take time for me to start getting a clear idea of everything. Classes are not cheap for what I like to do, be involved in, and it will take time.

I have with good intentions on joing NES and GOAL for sure. As we all need all the people we can get to help fight to preserve our Constitutional Rights from being turned into crap.

If you wish to fight for your rights, you should withdraw your application and consult with an attorney. It is a lot easier for an attorney to "fix something before it's broken." Once you get your license your abiltiy to get your restrictions removed are greatly reduced.

Welcome.

I fine it very ironic that the city that is home to one of the largest gun manufacturers in the world only gives out restricted LTCs.

Welcome.

I fine it very ironic that the city that is home to one of the largest gun manufacturers in the world only gives out restricted LTCs.

If you're talking about Spingfield Armory they actually aren't made there, not even this country. Like many gun manufacturers, they just kept the same name when they took over. This has been deceiving people for a long time.

No I know where S&W is haha. But most think that Springfield Armory is in MA and I think Four Seasons started that whole "guns are made here but not legal" type deal. ISSC M22 is also from MA, Ware IIRC.

I thought that the ISSC M22 was made in Austria. I attached the link.

http://www.issc-handels-gmbh.at/m22.html

The M22 from Austrian Sporting Arms is a pistol for which I have been waiting
for a long time. One of the most popular pistols in the world is the
Glock. The ISSC M22 replicates the feel of the
Glock, but shoots the cheap and plentiful .22 Long Rifle cartridge. (written by Jeff Quinn - Gun Blast.com)

ISSC M22 Rimfire Auto Pistol from
Austrian Sporting Arms

Technically the Springfield Armory is still in Mass. The historic sight that is...

http://www.nps.gov/spar/index.htm

The firearms company is now in Geneseo IL. Guess they moved to another state to take advantage of IL's better gun laws. [rofl]

Home of the XD: http://www.springfield-armory.com/

Last edited:
Call Jesse Cohen. I exchanged some emails with him just this week and he was very prompt in responding and helpful on my issue.

Thanks Everyone !

You can't find anything defining restrictions in the law because restrictions are not defined under the law. A restriction means whatever the licensing authority thinks it means. People can chime in all day long with their opinions on what you can and can't do with a sporting restriction but those opinions mean nothing. Get a detailed explanation in writing from your chief stating exactly what the restriction is and what you can and can not do. It sounds like your safety class instructor did a poor job because that should have been explained.

Last edited:
Get a detailed explanation in writing from your chief stating exactly what the restriction is and what you can and can not do.

Do not have it on me, but a full page describing all the restrictions was included when I picked up my last renewal.

Do not have it on me, but a full page describing all the restrictions was included when I picked up my last renewal.

Right- describing what all the restrictions mean for licenses issued by your chief in your city or town.

You can't find anything defining restrictions in the law because restrictions are not defined under the law. A restriction means whatever the licensing authority thinks it means. People can chime in all day long with their opinions on what you can and can't do with a sporting restriction but those opinions mean nothing. Get a detailed explanation in writing from your chief stating exactly what the restriction is and what you can and can not do. It sounds like your safety class instructor did a poor job because that should have been explained.

^^^^This!

There are chiefs in MA that DO think that you can carry concealed with a sporting restriction while hiking. The restriction means whatever your chief thinks it means!

Good morning everyone. As you can all see, I am new here...

Welcome to NES!

With those restrictions, you may not ccw when engaged in those activities.

If you get a Hunting and Target restriction, you can not carry concealed.

Not necessarily true.

You can't find anything defining restrictions in the law because restrictions are not defined under the law. A restriction means whatever the licensing authority thinks it means. People can chime in all day long with their opinions on what you can and can't do with a sporting restriction but those opinions mean nothing. Get a detailed explanation in writing from your chief stating exactly what the restriction is and what you can and can not do.

This is the correct answer.

Back
Top Bottom