• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC approval wait times in Woburn Ma. 7 weeks

Me and my wife applied in Woburn about 1 month ago. The process was easy and pleasant enough. I called today to check on approval times and the licensing woman told me 7 weeks. I told her that I have heard that it could take much longer and her response was that our computer is pretty good about getting them approved in 7 weeks.

I find it curious that the times vary from town to town if the State is in fact the "said" hold up.

Thanks,
John

That doesn't sound too far out of line from when I got mine in 2008.

But food for thought, a well priced house can sell in 6 weeks, an offer on a house in NH can easily close in 4. Just sayin.

The reason it varies from town to town is because of the people at the police department actually processing them. They have to send out your prints, perform background check, then chief approves/denies, then they send it to FRB in Chelsea. That is where the delay is. The quicker your PD gets their logistics done, the quicker you get into the State's Cue.

Good luck and hope you get ALP unrestricted! Let us know what your first purchasr will be!

Back
Top Bottom