LTC Application today in Leominster

Quick note that I had a very quick and pain free LTC A application in Leominster this morning.

Leominster doesn't accept paper apps anymore, you phone for an appointment and Theresa calls you back (within a day for me) and schedules a time to come in with all docs for the online State form. I had to wait 4 days and had an appointment at 9am this morning.

She asked me "you're class A, yes?", I just nodded. At the restriction part she typed in ALP without even looking at me. Based on her speed of typing, I guess she never types anything else [grin]

I was photographed, fingerprinted and out of there in 40mins. She said expect 5weeks, and not to call her before 5 weeks and 2 days are up ...

Last edited:
Great to hear it went so smooth. Let us know when you got it in hand and what your thinking of for your purchase :)

Out of curiousity, Is Leominster still doing the 2 ref letter horsecrap?

(Leominster, Fitchburg, and Lunenburg all seem to do this to first time
applicants. ) I don't complain too loudly about it, though, as these towns
are otherwise very green.

-Mike

i applied back in december and i had to come up with two. they were very particular when it came to the name/address/phone number/date on the letters. i brought three just in case and that worked out well for me as one of them wasn't acceptable.

it was a little inconvenient but i had enough friends to write up a few sentences on how i'm not a douchebag so i didn't really mind.

i got my license in a little under five weeks if i remember correctly, i think it might have been closer to four. it was an easy process and the hardest part was waiting... and replenishing my bank account with this work thing so i can buy more guns and ammo for weekends.

Yes - 2 reference letters, I screwed up and got one from what they called "family", but they accepted and are processing my application anyway. Theresa said as long as I sent in a new reference letter within a couple of weeks, no problem.

Welcome, twortley. I'm happy your experience went well. Theresa is very nice. My renewal a couple of years ago went just like yours, but no reference letters. I like the way they assume everyone want LTC-A ALP.

Quick update, picked up my LTC A-ALP in Leominster (very green) this morning, took 6 weeks, now to visit a dealer and warn the credit card company ...

Looking for a 9mm that I can start IDPA with - fan of Hipower, SIG 226, 92FS, not so much G-17. Any comments? Also Remington-700 in .308 for target rifle.

Looking to join North Leominster R&G - I'm 2 mins from them, any members could show me around? Also Harvard as they seem to be good for IDPA/IPSC

Thanks - Tim.

rock on!

good luck with the hi-power as they are not approved and you've got to find one in the state prior to 1998.

i'm a member at NLRG and would be happy to show you around though i don't venture outside the pistol and rifle range much! if you can find some 9mm i will bring my beretta and you can put some rounds through it. trouble is i can't find any 9mm of my own and i don't want to dig into the small stash i've got.

Quick note that I had a very quick and pain free LTC A application in Leominster this morning.

Leominster doesn't accept paper apps anymore, you phone for an appointment and Theresa calls you back (within a day for me) and schedules a time to come in with all docs for the online State form. I had to wait 4 days and had an appointment at 9am this morning.

She asked me "you're class A, yes?", I just nodded. At the restriction part she typed in ALP without even looking at me. Based on her speed of typing, I guess she never types anything else [grin]

I was photographed, fingerprinted and out of there in 40mins. She said expect 5weeks, and not to call her before 5 weeks and 2 days are up ...

u were fingerprinted and photographed? whats gonna be next the cavity search and urine test?

rock on!

good luck with the hi-power as they are not approved and you've got to find one in the state prior to 1998.

i'm a member at NLRG and would be happy to show you around though i don't venture outside the pistol and rifle range much! if you can find some 9mm i will bring my beretta and you can put some rounds through it. trouble is i can't find any 9mm of my own and i don't want to dig into the small stash i've got.

9mm high power arent approved,,, whoa i must be still in the dark ages..

yeah, i want a hi-power really bad but they aren't easy to come by. four seasons in woburn had one in great shape in .40 but it was $899 i think.

i seem to have a penchant for evil guns... XD, CZ75B, hi-power... the list goes on.

rock on!

A BHP is not that hard to find. I've seen several come through the board here at under $700. One guy here had a MKIII brand new in the box, that sat around in the classifieds for a couple of months.

I've seen a bunch of used ones at gun dealers for reasonable prices, you can easily get one under $600 if you look hard enough. During the fitchburg show I spotted at least two that were under $650. Tombstone
had one, and I saw another reasonably priced one on someone else's table, I forget which at the moment.

McElhiney's always seems to have a BHP or two around at a reasonable
price, if you can deal with the nasty smell and the rude, deaf owner. [laugh]

The BHPs that show up at FS, I think must all be getting sold by the same guy on consignment. Every BHP I've ever seen at FS was overpriced by $100-$300 or more, or they're some obscure collectible super xiectalub edition gun that's undesirable to someone who just wants to have a shooter.

-Mike

Last edited:
argggg where were the hi-powers at the fitchburg show?

i was focused on mags and .223 ammo at the time but if i saw one for $600 i probably would have bought it! [sad2]

I could have sworn I saw a BHP marked "Mass OK" at State Line Gun Shop in Mason, NH about two weeks ago. Don't remember the price, but it's worth a call.

Pembroke wasn't difficult at all either, 2 letters of reference from people in town and the application.

Only took me 3 weeks for an Unrestricted Class A ALP

New BHP in (was new LTC) in Leominster

So little impulsive, but headed down to Four Seasons at lunch today to look at the BHP they have had on shelf the last week - loved it, bought it, pictures tonight.

They sold me 3 boxes ammo, normal limit is 2 right now. They told me to come back early and often to get more 9mm !!

So Atilla, if you are still interested in showing me around NLRG, I have ammo, you can shoot mine if I can shoot yours...

-Tim
[smile]

reference letters

I never could understand the requirement for reference letters. I mean who would ask anyone for a letter that the did not know would give a good one. Who is going to ask their neighbor that the haven't talked to in 10 years for one.

So little impulsive, but headed down to Four Seasons at lunch today to look at the BHP they have had on shelf the last week - loved it, bought it, pictures tonight.

They sold me 3 boxes ammo, normal limit is 2 right now. They told me to come back early and often to get more 9mm !!

So Atilla, if you are still interested in showing me around NLRG, I have ammo, you can shoot mine if I can shoot yours...

-Tim
[smile]

Four seasons is only selling 2 boxes at a time? Since when? I bought 4 boxes of 9mm just a few weeks ago there.

Pictures of BHP

Here it is, Txxx serial number puts it as a Mk 1 from 1968. The magazine safety has been removed, little holster wear.
img_0264_u.jpg

img_0263_2_u.jpg

img_0265_u.jpg

Four seasons is only selling 2 boxes at a time? Since when? I bought 4 boxes of 9mm just a few weeks ago there.

They've been running low on 9mm and .45, so it's starting to get rationed. Some of the shelves over there are bare.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom