• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Application - Address Dilemma

RandomBS

NES Member
Having a dilemma about what address to use on my LTC application. The address I currently have on my drivers license and where I recieve all of my mail etc is not where I am actually living, I kept this address as my official address for tax reasons among other things. I'm just wondering what would be the best address to put down on the application, I don't want to get caught up as if I was intentionally lying about my address or anything, and I dont know if they will frown on using an address that is different from my drivers license. I'd much rather use the address where I'm actually living but I am not sure.

use the address where you live. The issuing officer will probably want to see some proof of that, so have a utility bill or something ready

They're both in the same town, red.

You have double the sympathy.

I don't understand the "tax reason" of keeping a separate address. You can always include a cover letter explaining the address situation in detail so the licensing officer cannot dig up any "dirt" on you and claim you lied on the application.

I know Brookline has gone so far as to investigate addresses as part of its fishing expedition looking for a reason for denial.

Well actually it wasn't "tax reason", to be specific it was so I would be eligible for financial aid for college, so I could stay under the household income threshold to be eligible.

If they are both in the same town, it probably isn't that big of a deal. They will simply want proof that you are a resident of the town. Bottom line, tell the truth.

Bottom line, tell the truth.
Even more importantly, create a paper trail that makes it 100% clear you are telling the truth and not trying to hide anything regarding your address. Don't give the system a hook to hang a denial on.

Back
Top Bottom