• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Address Incorrect/Typo

crispnipz

NES Member
I live in a numbered apartment in a building with several units. So a few months ago I bought a handgun from Cabela's and the employee said that the address on my driver's license didn't match my LTC. I looked, and sure enough, there is a typo in the address.

On my driver's license, it is like:

100 X ST
APT Y

But on my LTC, it is like:

100 X ST
APT

So on my LTC, the apartment number is omitted. I never noticed this until the Cabela's employee pointed it out, but I was still able to purchase the firearm there. And that was my 4th purchase with this LTC. Buds Gun Shop (and the FFL I used), and a couple of other reputable shops in MA never mentioned it.

Next week, I'm buying a gun from a private seller, which I've never done before. Is it okay with the address discrepancy, given my prior successful purchases? Should I contact my PD or the FRB directly to get this fixed?

IIRC you would contact your PD and point this out to them. They should be the ones to request a corrected license.

IIRC.

FWIW, I went through an entire license period with an incorrect birthplace on my license. Never caught it until I had to renew.

Back
Top Bottom