• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC-A restricted to "target"?

Apparently any major organized club will work.

I forgot to mention this before but... I am also required to send the Brookline Police Department yearly reports regarding my club membership. Failure to do so would result in my license being revoked. So I guess I am on parole now, having to check in with the PD every so often.

Do you have this in writing from them? I'd like to see a copy of it.

So boycott all the stores put presure on the mayor to do something talk to your friends and family have them pass the word around

This is Brookline we are talking about. There is no mayor. Most of the residents here are hoplophobic.

Here's how it works, as quoted from the Brookline town website:

"Town Meeting is Brookline's Legislative arm of government. It consists 240 town meeting members of plus the members of the Board of Selectmen, and any state representative or state senator who resides in Brookline. In addition, the Town Moderator, who presides over Town Meeting, and the Town Clerk, who acts secretary, are voting members. The 240 are elected by precinct, with 15 members elected from each of the Town's sixteen precincts. The members are elected for staggered, 3-year terms so that 5 members are elected from each precinct each year in the May annual town election."

Only liberals will get elected. Those of us who have guns in Brookline must look around and speak secretly to each other. I believe that if someone hears the word "gun" the police would be called.

Last edited:
Do you have this in writing from them? I'd like to see a copy of it.
I do but fear posting it. Wouldn't want to have my restricted LTC "revoked" before I never got it. I'll send it to a mod/Mike/LenS and he/they can confirm it. I am posting information primarily because everything else related to Brookline that I searched for while researching was 4+ years old. If I had seen a post such as this before, I would have thought about the 400+ dollar investment to get a neutered "license" a bit more.

I am amazed that most gun owners I talk to also have no clue as to what the bonded warehouse system is.

Most people have too much on their plates to keep up with a lot of crap that does not, but could, affect them at some future date - note how many people were surprised on this forum, when the LTC wait time started getting nuts.

Until they're jammed up

This is Brookline we are talking about. There is no mayor. Most of the residents here are hoplophobic.

Here's how it works, as quoted from the Brookline town website:

"Town Meeting is Brookline's Legislative arm of government. It consists 240 town meeting members of plus the members of the Board of Selectmen, and any state representative or state senator who resides in Brookline. In addition, the Town Moderator, who presides over Town Meeting, and the Town Clerk, who acts secretary, are voting members. The 240 are elected by precinct, with 15 members elected from each of the Town's sixteen precincts. The members are elected for staggered, 3-year terms so that 5 members are elected from each precinct each year in the May annual town election."

Only liberals will get elected. Those of us who have guns in Brookline must look around and speak secretly to each other. I believe that if someone hears the word "gun" the police would be called.

Jesus H Christ is this the 1400's

Jesus H Christ is this the 1400's

The yuppie housewives in that cesspool need something to do while their husbands work. Banning one thing at a time; plastic bottles, plastic bags, styrofoam cups, & working way to guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I do but fear posting it. Wouldn't want to have my restricted LTC "revoked" before I never got it. I'll send it to a mod/Mike/LenS and he/they can confirm it.

I suggest you send it to Comm2a ([email protected]). Comm2A maintains such communications in confidence. Though we may show it to our legal counsel, you don't have to worry about confidential communications sent to Comm2a showing up on NES.

The yuppie housewives in that cesspool need something to do while their husbands work. Banning one thing at a time; plastic bottles, plastic bags, styrofoam cups, & working way to guns.

Two hour town-wide parking limit. Overnight parking is illegal. Leaf blowers are illegal. I got a summons to appear in Brookline court for having a boat on my property. I did not know it was against the law. I asked for and got a continuance which gave me enough time to get it out of town. It's also illegal for me to park a commercial vehicle overnight on private property.

Two hour town-wide parking limit. Overnight parking is illegal. Leaf blowers are illegal. I got a summons to appear in Brookline court for having a boat on my property. I did not know it was against the law. I asked for and got a continuance which gave me enough time to get it out of town. It's also illegal for me to park a commercial vehicle overnight on private property.

A trailered boat is illegal to have on your own property?

[puke]

I can see the problem with leaf blowers!! I would not baned them but useing a leaf blower at 5am or blowing your trash in the street or your neighbors yard is a problem we have here in worcester

Another town that thinks it's better than it is.

WHAT !!! [thinking]

I would move

Unfortunately, "Target" purpose only means no concealed carry whatsoever. NRA seems to be finally having some luck in S. California overturning these dumb concealed carry laws. Hopefully it will get better at some point. I would call GOAL for advice. GOOD LUCK!

Brookline applicants are required to sign a document stating that they "willingly accept and understand" the restrictions on their license.

Do they make them sign this before they inform the recipient what the restrictions mean? I mean it's one thing to not read the EULA, it's something else to be made to sign it without being told what you've signed.

Sent from this Infernal Machine

Do they make them sign this before they inform the recipient what the restrictions mean? I mean it's one thing to not read the EULA, it's something else to be made to sign it without being told what you've signed.

Once you have completed the requirements (total of $350 + gas), they tell you what you will get. In this case, a restricted LTC. You are then asked whether you accept the restriction or not. I didn't ask what my options are if I say I do not accept it. However, understanding how the process works after this thread, it sounds like its either:

1. take this restricted LTC-A or

2. Piss us off, waste money on a lawyer, and get this restricted LTC-A.

Which would you pick?

Do they make them sign this before they inform the recipient what the restrictions mean?
They fully disclose their view of what the restrictions mean at the time the signature is demanded.

It is a trap. Sign this; appeal the restriction; and expect to hear "Your honor, I don't really understand why we are here. The department issued an LTC to the plaintiff and he willingly accepted the restrictions he is now contesting - see we have his agreement to them right here". You'll be left muttering "but ... but... " while the district court judge says "Dismissed. Next case please".

Which would you pick?
On an individual basis, practicality often rules. Unless I am offering to pay the legal fees, it is not my place to judge someone who takes the practical approach.

Besides the funds, you need a decent research team, access to information about licensing practices, license appeal track records, etc. and a top notch attorney who can figure out if your case is something for the MA courts or a federal civil rights (ie, 18 USC 1943) claim. That's where Comm2A comes in.

While I cannot discuss any Comm2A litigation until it's filed, and even then am very limited until a case is fully litigated, I can assure you that Comm2A will look carefully at the material you sent and we will be discussing it.

Last edited:
Which would you pick?

Oh, I understand. I'm in Medford. My luck's not really any better.

They fully disclose their view of what the restrictions mean at the time the signature is demanded.

It is a trap. Sign this; appeal the restriction; and expect to hear "Your honor, I don't really understand why we are here. The department issued an LTC to the plaintiff and he willingly accepted the restrictions he is now contesting - see we have his agreement to them right here". You'll be left muttering "but ... but... " while the district court judge says "Dismissed. Next case please".

I know I'm not a lawyer (just a pedant at best) but that seems like a really dangerous trap on their end if they don't provide the definition in writing. I would think it possible to argue that without a complete, written definition that can be referenced at the time, your signature was under duress (Hobson's choice: sign despite being uninformed, or throw away your investment and effectively rescind your RKBA). Even with activist judges, I'd think being strong armed by your chief of police is a no-no.

either:

1. take this restricted LTC-A or

2. Piss us off, waste money on a lawyer, and get this restricted LTC-A.

Which would you pick?

When my "Lawful purposes" "pistol permit" was going to renew as an LTC-A Hunting and Target restricted in the 90s, I went with choice 2. Spent over $5000 and got a restricted LTC-A. Don't waste the money.

Back
Top Bottom