LTC A Restricted - How To Appeal

Hi All -

After waiting 8 weeks I finally got my Class A in, with the hunting/target restriction. I think it's sort of an unfair judgment considering I had three great recommendations, wrote a good letter, a perfect record, and have several connections at the PD. What is the process to appeal the restriction? Thanks!

-Evan

Draft a petition for judicial review, file it, and win your case. You'll need to hire an experienced lawyer if you want to maximize your chance of success.

I hear Attorney Arbabi is a great firearms lawyer, give him a call!! [wink]

There is a lawyer in Springfield who deals with gun stuff, if you want I can get his name. There is a flyer in the local gun shop.

When you get the $$ quote for preparing and arguing the appeal, be sure to ask how many such "restriction removal" appeals that attorney has handled; if any of them have been in the court your case will be heard; and how many (s)he won. You'll need that info to determine if you want to spend the money.

I saw that you posted back in 2011 that you lawyered up to get the restriction off your LTC. I am in the same boat now and got "target and hunting" restrictions. I was wondering how you made out and if you were successful, if you do not mind telling me who you used and how much it cost you? ... or if anyone else has had success getting the restriction removed and if they used a lawyer / how much it cost?

My understanding on these types of cases is that the judge usually sides with the CLEO, based on what I've seen in the forums here. There are exceptions, but they are rare. And it's possible that with the right legal representation it might not even make it to court.

You would be better off finding some way of approaching this from a political standpoint in your town/city. Getting strings pulled is a far more effective way to get a restriction removed. Some CLEOs are a little more malleable with the right political pressure. I would try that avenue first, before you spend a lot of money on a lawyer for something that might not work.

Last edited:
I saw that you posted back in 2011 that you lawyered up to get the restriction off your LTC. I am in the same boat now and got "target and hunting" restrictions. I was wondering how you made out and if you were successful, if you do not mind telling me who you used and how much it cost you? ... or if anyone else has had success getting the restriction removed and if they used a lawyer / how much it cost?

Comm2A might be able to help you out, see this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ur-restrictions-removed-See-this-post-for-how

Back
Top Bottom