• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC A Renewal Worcester

Bad13Luck

NES Member
Going for my LTC A renewal in Worcester on Wed. Had a LTC A All lawful purposes since I was 21 (about 12 years now) Can't wait for my new restriction!

Yea Massachusetts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going for my LTC A renewal in Worcester on Wed. Had a LTC A All lawful purposes since I was 21 (about 12 years now) Can't wait for my new restriction!

Yea Massachusetts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guessing I missed something. Is there a reason that your LTC would change upon renewal?

I'm guessing this is his first time going through Worcester. Gemme has been known to downgrade on renewals for people that moved in.

This

Yeah this is my first renewal in the Woo. I fully expect a downgrade.

I would say something along the lines of, "That doesn't make any sense."

Then again, MA does not deal in logic.

Have these "downgrades" occurred in cases of resident ALP-holders going for renewals?

What did you put on your app for reason for wanting the ltc?? All so what does that restriction mean? I mean i get all the others but that one I can't figure out.

I would say something along the lines of, "That doesn't make any sense."

Then again, MA does not deal in logic.

Have these "downgrades" occurred in cases of resident ALP-holders going for renewals?

I haven't heard of anyone with an ALP issued by Worcester subsequently getting a non-ALP on a renewal. I've only heard of move-ins getting restrictions on their first renewal through Worcester.

What did you put on your app for reason for wanting the ltc?? All so what does that restriction mean? I mean i get all the others but that one I can't figure out.

I used Keith Langer's form letter, with my personal reasons being that I was/am in the military, and want to be a copper someday, so I wanted to be able to carry in public to get used to it [laugh]

ETA: "Personal Protection" is basically the same as ALP, but it gives the CLEO a cop-out from having to put "Restrictions: None". No real practical difference on my end, but a "moral" victory for Gary.

Do you have a copy of that letter? Right now i just put all lawful purposes down on app for lack of better answer.

So you live in Worcester and your license is about to expire and you haven't opened a Business in a friendly town yet?

Did you contact Comm2A? I thought I'd seen some info from one of the guys there that a downgrade could be troublesome for the Gemme.

From reading other peoples posts that got the ol' Welcome to Town...DOWNGRADE!!! story don't accept it, just give em' that I'll be back with my lawyer line and they'll usually change it. But hey it could be worse. You could have moved to Boston!

I already have that speech prepared.

King Gemme will put Personal Protection or " target " search worcester on here (I would still ask for ALP )

and hope you get Personal Protection

I am not passing judgement and I have no idea what your circumstances are, but can I ask why you moved to a city where you knew there would be a good chance you'd lose your right to carry? Virtually every surrounding town is green.

I am not passing judgement and I have no idea what your circumstances are, but can I ask why you moved to a city where you knew there would be a good chance you'd lose your right to carry? Virtually every surrounding town is green.

Because somtimes the qualtity of the life you want is more important. And worcester offered myself and my loved ones the best quality of life that I could offer them. Futhermore Worcester was to be a temporary solution but then the bottom fell out of evething.

Back
Top Bottom