• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC-A PD Approved. Pending FRB.

I recently contacted FRB and my LO in Haverhill, MA. FRB states I was approved by Haverhill PD. The LO in Haverhill said approved LTC-A with no restrictions.

My question is currently it is "Pending Approval" via FRB...at this point does the FRB cross check to make sure the PD did all background checks and double make sure I am a qualified individual? Also, if the PD did not set any restrictions does the FRB have the power to override that?

Thanks!

Welcome to NES!

My question is currently it is "Pending Approval" via FRB...at this point does the FRB cross check to make sure the PD did all background checks and double make sure I am a qualified individual?

Yes.

Also, if the PD did not set any restrictions does the FRB have the power to override that?

No.

Thanks! I know its on a case by case basis but how long does the FRB review take?

I'm so antsy!!!! Purchased a Bodyguard .380 but cannot pick it up until I receive my license : (

I'm new to the NES and was wonder how long the activation time takes for frb and if there is a way to know with out callin?

i got the same thing over here in Medford was told by the hotline I was approved by my local pd and waiting on frb should I be fine or can I still get a denial?

i got the same thing over here in Medford was told by the hotline I was approved by my local pd and waiting on frb should I be fine or can I still get a denial?
Yes,

There is always the chance someone might get a hair across their arse at the last minute and deny on suitability

Not sure if serious, A still exists, B is gone.
I stand corrected. "Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms". The old distinction between A and B must be the "Restrictions" line on the license.
Thank you drgrant for the clarification.

I stand corrected. "Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms". The old distinction between A and B must be the "Restrictions" line on the license.
Thank you drgrant for the clarification.

I've not seen a newer B in the flesh in recent history but I thought they both had a restrictions box on them. Not that it mattered so much with a B given its inherently crippling limitations at the time.

The old distinction between A and B must be the "Restrictions" line on the license.
Yeah, no.

A Class B license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry: (i) non-large capacity firearms and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes, subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of such firearm as the licensing authority deems proper; provided, however, that a Class B license shall not entitle the holder thereof to carry or possess a loaded firearm in a concealed manner in any public way or place; and provided further, that a Class B license shall not entitle the holder thereof to possess a large capacity firearm, except under a Class A club license issued under this section or under the direct supervision of a holder of a valid Class A license at an incorporated shooting club or licensed shooting range; and (ii) rifles and shotguns, including large capacity rifles and shotguns, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as he deems proper.​

the Class B was effectively eliminated when the State told Medford and others to stop "B Ramming" applicants, and finally by a change in law that eliminates it from the books as an option

When did/does the B license fade away I know the effective date of the law is close

Somewhere here Len has a chart that shows all the steps that the application goes thru. Jack.
w4MiVPh.gif

@Len-2A Training

Not sure if this has been answered because I don't know all the acronyms. I called for my status and it said my local PD approved and am waiting on approval from the state. What does this mean and does anyone know the general turnaround time? Just curious!

Could be few weeks to several months.

Unfortunately, they often don’t play by the established rules.

There are tons of threads on this topic here on NES.

Not sure if this has been answered because I don't know all the acronyms. I called for my status and it said my local PD approved and am waiting on approval from the state. What does this mean and does anyone know the general turnaround time? Just curious!
I called the FRB about a month ago and they said it would be 40-60 days. But, their website says they are processing applications that were submitted by local PDs between 12/25 and 1/7, so it seems like their backlog is smaller now. You can call them to check the status of your application.

I called the FRB about a month ago and they said it would be 40-60 days. But, their website says they are processing applications that were submitted by local PDs between 12/25 and 1/7, so it seems like their backlog is smaller now. You can call them to check the status of your application.
i bugged the shit out of the FRB and and I can't necessarily say it helped but from application submission to LTC in hand was only like 60-70 days (wilmington)

Back
Top Bottom