LTC-A Expired 30 days ago, also a little note

So my LTC-A w/ no restrictions expired 30 days ago. I was moving to Florida (house was for sale and everything), so I did not bother renewing it.
Ended up getting a great job, and now I am staying at least for a while.
I have a Beretta 92FS and a S&W M&P-15 5.56.

I want to renew, but I had some issues 2 years ago, and OD'd on a prescription medication, but my wife called the cops, so not sure if that is considered a criminal offense. I got nothing from the cops.
How messed up am I? Also, if for some reason you believe I can't get a LTC-A anymore, can I still sell my weapons (last resort) up to the 3-months after the expiration of my LTC?
Thanks, old lurker, but don't post a lot.

If you are expired, you can only sell through a FFL. The grandfathering post expiration is only if you applied for your renewal before the expiration.

Consider having a friend come over and borrow (take home and put in his/her safe) your guns until you resolve your LTC renewal.

i'd say if they didn't send you to a psych hospital or send you somewhere to be evaluated after trying that there's no medical paper trail. probably good to go. you'd know if something was amiss by now. just my free non expert advice.

I could be wrong but assuming since they didn't suspend and/or confiscate your firearms then you were not arrested. If so and you didn't' go before judge I'm guessing there is no criminal record related to that incident. . Have a buddy with an LTC take and hold your stuff and renew your ltc. Suitability could come into play if they look up the incident and I would be guesing there would be some report filed because the cops responded. No need for you to elaborate anymore on here about it. Others will be along with more knowledge of what might actually be....

Last edited:
Cops treated this as an ambulance call. Medical records are confidential so no problem there. And of course you had your friend sign a letter taking possession of these firearms before expiration. Don't see any reason why you can't reapply. It may take months so make sure your friend keeps possession until LTC in hand

Be sure to apply for renewal before expiration to trigger the unlimited grace period. (valid until renewed or renewal denied)

Thanks for all the answers. I gave my stuff away to a friend, of course. Need to re-apply ASAP.

Thanks for all the answers. I gave my stuff away to a friend, of course. Need to re-apply ASAP.
More correctly, you loaned it all to a friend with an LTC. If you actually gave it to someone, you would need to do all the eFA-10 nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom