Lowest-cost transfers in NH?

This. It can't get cheaper than free.
The basic gentleman's agreement is that you check with them first. If they can't get it, can't beat the price, or it's used, they will transfer it for free.

ETA: from their facebook page -
View attachment 364696
Dude must be willing to make tiny margins or hope that when you're in store you'll buy other stuff.
The last new firearm I bought, the local FFL wanted $175 more than I could find it online.
Still, interesting.

Wicked Weaponry is $25, 5th one is free so really $20 for frequent flyers, not outrageous.

This sounds an awful lot like an "I'll drive 30 miles each way to save $0.07/gallon on gas" scenario

MegaFlinting.exe.....

You say that, but I saw one FFL in Conway, NH that charges $100 per transfer. It's good to know where the deals and crap are.

Dude must be willing to make tiny margins or hope that when you're in store you'll buy other stuff.
The last new firearm I bought, the local FFL wanted $175 more than I could find it online.
Still, interesting.

There's a shop in RI that either still does or used to offer free transfers. The store's policy originated before online sales were really a common thing and most transfers were between private sellers and buyers.

I ordered a Mark IV target spare upper from the Volquartsen clearance site for $35 a while back and had it transferred for free at Northeast Munitions. I let him know ahead and he had no problem doing it. While I was in the shop I bought a case of ammo.

Less expensive than some, don't know if they are "cheapest", but they are good guys and always helpful Merrimack Firearms

Price can depend on who you are and how much you frequent/spend in the shop.

NES is like a 'cheap f***' magnet! Where do we find these people?

Go to the shop closest to your house and pay their fee...so the next time you actually NEED something, they might still be open for business.

This is exactly like the folks that will buy all the guk-made shit on amazon and then complain when there's nothing made in America anymore. 🤔

NES is like a 'cheap f***' magnet! Where do we find these people?

Go to the shop closest to your house and pay their fee...so the next time you actually NEED something, they might still be open for business.

This is exactly like the folks that will buy all the guk-made shit on amazon and then complain when there's nothing made in America anymore. 🤔
I find skinflinting on $10 to be pretty funny when it relates to guns. You are about to throw thousands of dollars in lead at sand, and you worry about $10?

I find skinflinting on $10 to be pretty funny when it relates to guns. You are about to throw thousands of dollars in lead at sand, and you worry about $10?

In defense of the skinflints here and elsewhere, laying face down on the ground in solidarity with one another...I think the overwhelming majority of gun owners don't ACTUALLY shoot. Think of all the money you'd save if you didn't have to buy ammo?!?!?! More money that you could spend on cheap transfers for guns that you don't shoot at shops 1+ hours from your home. #skinflintfolife

In defense of the skinflints here and elsewhere, laying face down on the ground in solidarity with one another...I think the overwhelming majority of gun owners don't ACTUALLY shoot. Think of all the money you'd save if you didn't have to buy ammo?!?!?! More money that you could spend on cheap transfers for guns that you don't shoot at shops 1+ hours from your home. #skinflintfolife

Kinda.

"Gun owner" is a pretty broad, all-inclusive term for everyone who owns a gun. It includes people who buy exactly one gun and one box of ammo, leave them both in a closet, and never shoot the gun, then their kids or grandkids or great-grand kids find the gun and ammo once the gun owner is on their deathbed or shortly thereafter. It also includes people who own tens of thousands of rounds and can easily blast through 2k or so per weekend. Or, people who stockpile, stockpile, stockpile, but shoot barely any of it.

When you narrow down different types of gun owners, each type generally has their own ammo requirements.

I think 619DW is $20 but I’d rather have them order what I want or buy off their shelf or I walk out feeling a little dirty lol 😂

so, based on your analysis (hah, i said anal), 2/3rds of gun owners don't actually shoot...so I win!

I think the majority of gun owners shoot a small amount of ammo. I think people who literally do not shoot are a fair amount, but not a majority. Because the people who literally do not shoot also don't buy more than a handful of guns. Like, one handgun and one long gun, max. So, they don't care about transfer fees normally because they just have one gun.

I think most gun owners are more likely to shoot a small amount of ammo. The guys who buy one or two boxes of .30-06 or slugs or turkey ammo before every season to confirm zero and hunt. The guys who take their guns out every few months or once a year and shoot for fun. The guys who are primarily interested in home defense and put in some effort to ensure that they can make hits and their guns function.

There's also guys who aren't very involved in competitive shooting or hunting or shooting at all, really, but who love making deals and buying and selling guns. These guys are the ones concerned about transfer prices or doing a ton of private sales. Guys who are constantly buying and selling guns and trying to flip them for a profit to someone who doesn't know any better (not that there's anything wrong with that - I love capitalism).

The NSSF's done some studies on how much gun owners shoot and compete in the shooting sports. The best one I remember having seen broke down each major shooting sport into what percentage of active competitors participate in the sport. The most common shooting sports were trap and skeet. Multigun was the least popular sport, with only like 12% or so of competitors involved in it. I think the study came out before precision rifle competition was really an established, popular thing. Maybe 2017?

QFT
I think 619DW is $20 but I’d rather have them order what I want or buy off their shelf or I walk out feeling a little dirty lol 😂

I'm pretty simple when it come to transfers, I use a shop I like. That means their transfers are 20-25, now that's what I pay, I have no idea what there advertised rate is. I have gotten discounts from that when I'm transferring more than a couple. Basically it's like life, it's a relationship. But keep in mind I have personal rules when it come to buying, one is when I buy new I buy local. The only exception I've made to this was when I bought an auction lot with 2 1903A3s and 2 Remington 1911s, the 1911s were new but what I was after was the A3s. So a shop knows that if they have what I'm looking for, or can get it, and they are locally competitive, I will buy it from them. I'm never going to say "but I can get that on gunbroker for less".

QFT

I'm pretty simple when it come to transfers, I use a shop I like. That means their transfers are 20-25, now that's what I pay, I have no idea what there advertised rate is. I have gotten discounts from that when I'm transferring more than a couple. Basically it's like life, it's a relationship. But keep in mind I have personal rules when it come to buying, one is when I buy new I buy local. The only exception I've made to this was when I bought an auction lot with 2 1903A3s and 2 Remington 1911s, the 1911s were new but what I was after was the A3s. So a shop knows that if they have what I'm looking for, or can get it, and they are locally competitive, I will buy it from them. I'm never going to say "but I can get that on gunbroker for less".

the only reason I bought CZ shotgun new online and had it shipped there was because they closed down for a couple of weeks last Christmas and I enjoying a little holiday cheer lol. Agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom