Lower reciever pre ban colt AR-15 does it need to be registered?

Good evening,

So i just bought my first Lower reciever 94 pre ban colt AR-15

My question is i got it from a MA dealer and they only gave me a receipt. So im not going to build it for a while, do i need to register it on the EFA-10? And how?

If its a preban lower then it would already have been built in to a firearm at some point (most likely scenario). It should be fa-10’d by the seller.

If he only have you a receipt he didnt fa10 it. If you ever would be crazy enough to marry it to an upper you have 7 days to efa10 it. If you never ......... marry it you never have to register it.

If its a preban lower then it would already have been built in to a firearm at some point (most likely scenario). It should be fa-10’d by the seller.

This can't be the right answer.

While the ATF may say "once a rifle always a rifle" MA has very clear laws on what is a firearm. You can't just go committing perjury on the MIRCS because you purchased a part of a rifle and saying it is a complete one.

While the ATF may say "once a rifle always a rifle" MA has very clear laws on what is a firearm. You can't just go committing perjury on the MIRCS because you purchased a part of a rifle and saying it is a complete one.

It's not committing perjury.

Just as I stated in post #11 above that not all MA FFls FA-10 a lower, prior to the Healey BS, some FFLs would not sell a lower without doing the FA-10, including the largest firearm seller in the state (in Woburn). Ask me how I know.

No. BATFE rules that only those lowers that were built up as a gun or "kitted" were legal prebans. Since Mass copied the Fed AWB, it is safest to use the same interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom