Lower blast brakes or comp?

A2 is a flash hider - not a brake allowed in MA, in my opinion. As of talking brakes - there are million of them out there, so you generally go with what your budget allows.
BCM things you mentioned are not brakes, btw, those are compensators. Anyway, i like this supercomp one - because it does not cost $100 and seems to work very well.
they used to have a shorter one too, at around $50 but for some reason all i see there now is a titanium model of it for $99

an alternative approach - a combination of the muzzle brake with a blast shield around it - stock solutions are kinda expensive, something custom made will also be comparable, as a gunsmith will probably want a $100 min to make a custom blast shield for your brake. you can look at this if you want to reduce the blast and direct it forward.

my opinion - just put a supercomp on and forget about it. if there is something that looks exactly as supercomp, but cheaper - even better ,the overall concept there is the same - 2 or 3 ports on sides and the set of openings on the top.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for what to get that would suit my needs? I'm thinking it's just the brake itself, with the ports facing upwards and the poor design (it costs $10 for a reason), I would assume that the BCM Battle Comp or Gunfighter would be better?
I have BCM Mod O's on several AR's ranging from 11" to 16". I haven't found them to be particularly difficult to handle though the 11" pushes the limits of "fun" for some folks.

also, to this topic - i did not see it updated with anything recent, but, it gives a general idea:

also, to this topic - i did not see it updated with anything recent, but, it gives a general idea:
I went with the strike j comp after watching all three TTAG videos. You can see the flash and jump of each device. I picked the j comp because it had the least flash (To me, anyway) of the ones they tested

If you don’t want to keep the traditional “birdcage” look and you want to minimize blast, I have had good luck with the Kaw Valley Precision linear comp.
KVP LINEAR COMP Black
They also come in FDE.
Save a few bucks and get them here Kaw Valley Precision .223/5.56 Linear Comp 1/2x28 Black Oxide
i was incredibly annoyed recently - i had a small version of that key valley one in the bin, in 1/2x28 and tried putting it on my .22lr barrel and could not get it on, at all.
i had to wrench hard it but it felt like the thread pitch was wrong, it would barely move after 3 rotations. i had other linear comp in 1/2x28 that i used, but it was highly annoying.

Back
Top Bottom