• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

lowell LTC and a detective

ok guys i know this is like beating a dead horse. but i know lowell mass is a red town as far as license to carry, but i was offered a letter of recommendation from a lowell detective. would that get me an unrestricted class A? wold that be an effective way around the REDTOWN's laws?

Are worried about getting your LTC at all, or just an unrestricted class A?

If you're good to go for a restricted class A, what have you to lose by asking for ALP?

Are worried about getting your LTC at all, or just an unrestricted class A?

If you're good to go for a restricted class A, what have you to lose by asking for ALP?

no im not worried about getting one but i am worried about it being restricted, i just want the freedom the 2nd amendment grants us and mass takes away

ok guys i know this is like beating a dead horse. but i know lowell mass is a red town as far as license to carry, but i was offered a letter of recommendation from a lowell detective. would that get me an unrestricted class A? wold that be an effective way around the REDTOWN's laws?

Does the Chief/Licensing officer like this Detective?

if he is a detective for the department your applying with cant you just have him talk to the licensing officer and put in a good word?

I take it this is a NEW LTC and you are not renewing? If you are renewing an unrestricted LTC you have a chance. If you are involved in public safety at all, i.e. police, fire fighter, EMS you have a better chance. Otherwise, unless things have changed recently, forget it.

Now, having a recommendation from a detective there, I have no idea. I've heard even some of their officers don't have unrestricted LTC's. Good luck.

I take it this is a NEW LTC and you are not renewing? If you are renewing an unrestricted LTC you have a chance. If you are involved in public safety at all, i.e. police, fire fighter, EMS you have a better chance. Otherwise, unless things have changed recently, forget it.

Now, having a recommendation from a detective there, I have no idea. I've heard even some of their officers don't have unrestricted LTC's. Good luck.

yeah, Lowell is tough and IIRC, the licensing department has come out to say they will not issue ALP to anybody.

Dont waste your time. Detective Peace told me when I was applying for my licence that there is no way you can fight for an unrestricted license in Lowell if you a regular civilian. The only thing you can do to better your class A is taking the sporting restriction NOT the hunting restriction when she gives you the option.

Sporting includes hunting plus a number of other activities, while hunting only lets you hunt.

Best bet is to move to Dracut, or even better, Pelham or Salem. Good Luck.

Dont waste your time. Detective Peace told me when I was applying for my licence that there is no way you can fight for an unrestricted license in Lowell if you a regular civilian. The only thing you can do to better your class A is taking the sporting restriction NOT the hunting restriction when she gives you the option.

Sporting includes hunting plus a number of other activities, while hunting only lets you hunt.

Best bet is to move to Dracut, or even better, Pelham or Salem. Good Luck.

Ive heard mixed reviews about Dracut.....

Dracut "only issues target and hunting" and the Lt. will tell you "maybe in a year you can reapply and we might do ALP" note the "MAYBE" and the "MIGHT". Its all bull.

Detective Peace

Detective ... "Peace". IF that's your real name!

Sorry. This sounds suspiciously like Colonel "Bat" Guano:

dr-Strangelove-colonel-Bat-guano.jpg

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think General Ripper found out about your preversion, and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts. Now MOVE!"

Yuh. That's "Bat" Guano, allright.

Well I live here (Lowell), work here in EMS, know her from seeing her work the streets before she was licensing officer, she IS a very pleasant person, was VERY helpful to me with my application and a small issue I had, and IS just following orders. I wouldn't walk in there with an attitude, she didn't write the laws or determine Lowell's licensing policies. I'm sure the poor lady gets enough grief already.

Last edited:
Well I live here (Lowell), work here in EMS, know her from seeing her work the streets before she was licensing officer, she IS a very pleasant person, was VERY helpful to me with my application and a small issue I had, and IS just following orders. I wouldn't walk in there with an attitude, she didn't write the laws or determine Lowell's licensing policies. I'm sure the poor lady gets enough grief already.

+1 EDet. Pease is a very nice lady and doesn't make the policy.

Back
Top Bottom