Low profile retention holster

Hey all — looking for recommendations for a (fast shipping) retention holster for a P320/M17 that isn’t bulky as f***. I’m leaning towards the good old SERPA with the paddle in the back — but those are about as bulky as I want to get. I want a holster I can pull off without removing my belt, and is relatively comfortable to carry around all day. Also not overly bulky.

I’d love to go with an OWB kydex holster, but I think retention is going to be a must. The flatter profile of the owb kydex holsters would be ideal, though. I won’t have the luxury of anything other than a riggers belt.

Thanks all

So you want a holster with a paddle attachment? Maybe something like the Safariland 6378. It has their ALS retention. I like the ALS system, feels more natural to me than the Serpa. If you hit up the Safariland website and search for the gun model/optic/light combo you want, you can find the right type of holster, then go looking for some other place that has it in stock. You may get lucky, they don't usually ship so fast from their own site.

So you want a holster with a paddle attachment? Maybe something like the Safariland 6378. It has their ALS retention. I like the ALS system, feels more natural to me than the Serpa. If you hit up the Safariland website and search for the gun model/optic/light combo you want, you can find the right type of holster, then go looking for some other place that has it in stock. You may get lucky, they don't usually ship so fast from their own site.
This. I just recently ordered a micro paddle OWB ALS from them for a 365. Looks like it’ll be a nice little holster, but, the website clearly says it’s available for ‘quick ship’, which in my experience means it’s on hand and ready to ship, it also says most orders ship with a couple business days.

So I went ahead and purchased it and the first email I received from them says their lead time is about 30 days. 🤷‍♂️ Wut? Will see how quick it actually ships but that’s like Optics Planet level shit advertising.

This. Safariland ALS.

This. I just recently ordered a micro paddle OWB ALS from them for a 365. Looks like it’ll be a nice little holster, but, the website clearly says it’s available for ‘quick ship’, which in my experience means it’s on hand and ready to ship, it also says most orders ship with a couple business days.

So I went ahead and purchased it and the first email I received from them says their lead time is about 30 days. 🤷‍♂️ Wut? Will see how quick it actually ships but that’s like Optics Planet level shit advertising.

I've ordered a few directly from them. Usually have the holster in hand within 10 days. They do say that each holster is made to order.

I'm sitting on a couple of 7378s for G17s and 19s with lights that I love, but definitely require a stout belt.

The ALS is a great system. Some people who use these for real life buy nub mods for them. I'm satisfied without.

I also like the Safariland 7TS unlined material. Sure, harder on the finish, but no worries about moisture retention like with the furry lined ones.

ETA: Scale size pic of 7378. This is my living room gun, so doesn't really do much other than protect the trigger and keep dust off. A problem is Safariland uses the same shell for 19s, 17s, and 34s so I have some wasted space. I need to have the maid clean up the english muffin crumbs from this morning.

IMG_1750.jpg

Last edited:
I've ordered a few directly from them. Usually have the holster in hand within 10 days. They do say that each holster is made to order.

I'm sitting on a couple of 7378s for G17s and 19s with lights that I love, but definitely require a stout belt.

The ALS is a great system. Some people who use these for real life buy nub mods for them. I'm satisfied without.

I also like the Safariland 7TS unlined material. Sure, harder on the finish, but no worries about moisture retention like with the furry lined ones.

ETA: Scale size pic of 7378. This is my living room gun, so doesn't really do much other than protect the trigger and keep dust off. A problem is Safariland uses the same shell for 19s, 17s, and 34s so I have some wasted space. I need to have the maid clean up the english muffin crumbs from this morning.

View attachment 709728
That nub looks interesting and pretty simple add on. I’ll see how I like mine first without it but thanks I saved that info to revisit if needed.

I love my Safariland.. every EDC gun I own has a Safariland except the J frame revolver. In a state or winter time up here in new england where printing isnt a concern the 7378 series is the best. Level 1 is probably the best for what we are doing.. I find myself since moving to NC.. i tend to open carry in the car now and at the gas station.. but conceal if I am in a store. I also rock an old school Safariland level 1 you could say for my DAO model 64 4 inch. i modified this holster with a plastic mid ride modern safrailand belt loop. perfect for when im working moving stuff around etc.

I have encountered an issue with ordering Safariland holsters from Amazon. 7378 for whatever reason is what they'll send you off the shelf.. example I ordered a holster multiple times for the S&W 3913/6946... they kept sending me random glock. Going on a reputable gun website like Midway solved this problem.

This video I found does the best at explaining the levels of retention.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcEphpopEJU&ab_channel=OfficerAjax

Back
Top Bottom