• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Low Cost Training in Western MA

Same here, hope everyone found their way back to civilization. I'm uploading some pictures / vids now, I'll post a link when they're finished.

Nice meeting up with all you guys and learning some new skill sets today.

I had a good time.
Despite the black files...

It was good to meet you guys today. The class was a good review of the basics, which we often forget, and shooting a standard qualification course is a good way to measure your skills.
Thanks to Will for putting this together, and for supplying lunch.

To the guys that attended the class today.

Thank you very much for coming I hope you all had a good time. If you could either post publicly or privately let me know your comments or concerns witht he class. We are in the talking stages of doing another class or two. One more of what was covered today for the guys who didnt make it and one more with some more advanced skills. So pour it on me and let me know you feel about the class.

-DM-

The basic room clearing was good but perhaps more shooting on the move ?
(Such as advancing, retreating & crossing (For indoor or outdoor scenarios).

"Hostage" targets where one target is partially in front of the other.

Step it up a notch or two.

Some of the "action shots:"
NESrifle_017.jpg

NESrifle_025.jpg

NESrifle_016.jpg

More pics and video from the day:
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/locallabor/NES/

Awesome! I can't wait for the next one and am sorry I missed yesterday...Slinging turkey loads and filling paintball tanks, I was thinking about you guys out there having a blast...Come hell or high water, (or a part time job), I'm looking forward to the next one...

Nice pics OnTheRoad. Thanks for posting them.

I enjoyed the class. It definitely covered the basics, which is always good to refresh on. Makes sure you have a sound base to work off of.

I agree with Mr Twigg that the next class should involve more moving and harder scenarios. See if you can get a reactive/moving target to mix that into the scenario.

Thanks Will for putting this together!

I too enjoyed the class quite a bit and I am definitely up for another one.

There are a few things I have learned:

1) Black flies suck! I need to start carrying a can of bug spray with me
2) Knee pads are indeed very useful
3) Going prone in the mud is fun but having a tarp in the back of a truck may not be a bad idea...for those...you know...really wet days [wink]
4) I have a lot more training to go through

As for the future classes, I would definitely like to see more move-and-shoot scenarios. Perhaps a larger course with more obstacles to force us to go prone or at the very least to have to kneel down. As already mentioned, reactive and "hostage" targets would be cool as well.

Oh and next time get some hot dogs, will ya...just kidding...that charred burger was the best burger I've had in a long time [smile]

Back
Top Bottom