• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Low Cost Training in Western MA

This is a repost since the last one seems to have disappeared[rolleyes]

A local LE firearms instructor and friend of mine s going to be holding
a one day basic carbine/pistol training class mid April to mid May
(date not set at the moment).

The cost will be low, $75.00 and will include Range and Classroom instruction as well as food and beverages for lunch (Hot Dogs and Hamburgers).

The course will cover:
Basic marksmanship skills
Propper Use of Iron sights
Propper Zeroing
Propper Stance, Balance, and Grip
Tactical Magazine changes
Use of red dot sights
Shooting Positions
Pistol to Carbine and Carbine to Pistol transitions
Failure Drills
Firing on the move
Basic Elements of room clearing, working with other shooters etc.

Course also includes the MPTC Patrol Rifle Certification for current and active Law Enforcement officers who work in the state of MA.

Instructor Bio: Jesse Rizzo
Jesse is a former CT Dept. Of Corrections CERT (Corrections Emergency Response Team) operator/Firearms instructor, a current Southwick MA Police Officer, and current Massachusetts MPTC firearms/rifle instructor. He has well over 20 years of practical Law Enforcement experience and instructor experience.

Course Requirements:
Rifle w/ Sling and four serviceable magazines
Pistol w/ holster and two spare, servicable magazines/speed loaders
A way to Carry both Rifle and Pistol magazines/speed loaders on your person
300 Rounds of Rifle ammo
100 rounds of Pistol ammo
Ear Pro
Eye Pro
Pen/Pencil
Pad for note taking
An open mind.

We are trying to keep the class size marginal 15-20. So its basically first come first serve.
If you have any questions or would like to sign up for the course you can either PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

A date will be set once within a week or so, and it will be on either a Saturday or a Sunday.

-DM-

The Class will be held on May 04, 2008. In Granville MA, Rain or shine. Roll call will be at 0830, intruction will begin at 0900.

Last edited:
Its going to be towards the end of next month or the begining of may. Pretty much when its warm out so we wont have to freeze our balls off.

That does sound good - let me know when the dates are. The spring calendar is filling up much faster than I expected this year. I could use a Patrol Rifle cert., especially if I can convince the boss to start buying 5.56!

Thanks!

OK, now there are two active threads on this...
So I guess I'l have to post that I'm still in for this just in case the one I don't post on gets deleted.

You already have my PM.

Ok guys the date has been set. May 04 2008 the day is a Sunday. Roll call will be at 0830 and training will start at 0900. Funds are due the day of the class. I will post directions to the range in a week or so.

-DM-

Just shoot me a PM with your First and Last name.

To the Guys who have already PM'ed me. Send me another one with a contact number incase I need to get ahold of you in the event something changes. I will also send you a confirmation PM with my contact info as well.

-DM-

Dick,

As I mentioned in my PM, my AR-15 build will likely not be ready by the class date, (though you never know). I will be bringing my Troy MCS/SOCOM-16, so tactical mag changes will be quite different than the AR-15. I have been practicing, but wondered if either you, or Mr. Rizzo had any experience with tactical M14 mag changes. If not, no problem - just could use some critique. Thanks and looking forward to the class!

I sure as hell dont but Jesse may have. Your Socom is similar to a mini 14 and that is what Jesse used for a few years when he was with the CERT team.

-DM-

Damn it! I have just found out that my wife is going to be taking part in some kind of choir concert that day. As it happens this is also the day when my daughter is going to be in a school play. Looks like I will be on kid duty that day and will be going to play.

I am so freaking bummed out. [crying]

I don't get out much and if figures that the one time such a great training opportunity comes up I get shafted. [angry]

Anyway, I am going to see if there is anything that can be worked out to free me up that Sunday.

This is a repost since the last one seems to have disappeared[rolleyes]

A local LE firearms instructor and friend of mine s going to be holding
a one day basic carbine/pistol training class mid April to mid May
(date not set at the moment).

The cost will be low, $75.00 and will include Range and Classroom instruction as well as food and beverages for lunch (Hot Dogs and Hamburgers).

The course will cover:
Basic marksmanship skills
Propper Use of Iron sights
Propper Zeroing
Propper Stance, Balance, and Grip
Tactical Magazine changes
Use of red dot sights
Shooting Positions
Pistol to Carbine and Carbine to Pistol transitions
Failure Drills
Firing on the move
Basic Elements of room clearing, working with other shooters etc.

Course also includes the MPTC Patrol Rifle Certification for current and active Law Enforcement officers who work in the state of MA.

Instructor Bio: Jesse Rizzo
Jesse is a former CT Dept. Of Corrections CERT (Corrections Emergency Response Team) operator/Firearms instructor, a current Southwick MA Police Officer, and current Massachusetts MPTC firearms/rifle instructor. He has well over 20 years of practical Law Enforcement experience and instructor experience.

Course Requirements:
Rifle w/ Sling and four serviceable magazines
Pistol w/ holster and two spare, servicable magazines/speed loaders
A way to Carry both Rifle and Pistol magazines/speed loaders on your person
300 Rounds of Rifle ammo
100 rounds of Pistol ammo
Ear Pro
Eye Pro
Pen/Pencil
Pad for note taking
An open mind.

We are trying to keep the class size marginal 15-20. So its basically first come first serve.
If you have any questions or would like to sign up for the course you can either PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

A date will be set once within a week or so, and it will be on either a Saturday or a Sunday.

-DM-

PM and email sent with questions

Outstanding Guys, Thank you to those that have signed up. Spread the word to people you may know who dont do the online thing and are looking for some basic carbine skills training or need the patrol rifle cert.

-DM-

So far I have SIX guys signed up and we will need TEN to cover all the costs.

Again the Class will be held May 04, 2008. Roll call will be at 0830 and the insruction will begin at 0900.

The class will also be held RAIN or SHINE so please prepare for other than desirable weather.

Again please spread the word about the class I need at least four more people so we can hold the class!

-DM-

Back
Top Bottom