Low-Capacity AR Magazines

amb

NES Member
I used to think Massachusetts was about as bad as it gets, but I was wrong. I'd like to shoot Service Rifle in a place where I can't even bring my pre-ban 20-round mags, so I need some reliable ten-round (or smaller) magazines that are the same size as GI 20's.

Any suggestions? The options I know about are Bushmaster or John Masen, but there have got to be others. (Between those two I'd get the Bushmaster, but I'm not thrilled with it.)

I just got some C-Products 10 round mags that are lanced to only 10 rounds. They are the exact same size as a straight 20s so they are O.k. for service Rifle per CMP & NRA rules. C-Products will sell them to Mass. so I assume they are good to go just for taking them in there. I used them a couple of times and they worked well. No malfunctions.

I also remember seeing some NHMTG mags advertised that were the same. Those were GI type 20 round mil spec.ish mags. It might have been Stag that was selling them though.

I'm just going to swap out all the mags in my stool so that I don't have to worry.

B

I just got some C-Products 10 round mags that are lanced to only 10 rounds. They are the exact same size as a straight 20s so they are O.k. for service Rifle per CMP & NRA rules.

Excellent! I didn't know C-Products did that; I like their stuff otherwise. Problem solved, and thanks.

Also, to be clear: I'm actually in Massachusetts; no problem with the pre-ban 20-round mags here, but I can't take 'em to California.

Ok. Wasn't sure you were instate or out of state. It's my understanding that out of staters can't come to Mass with pre or post bans over 10 rounds without a NRLTC. Enjoy the match/trip.

B

I brought in some C-products 5 rd mags in 6.8 SPC for hunting this fall. They build them using a 10 rd body. They look and work well. Also brought in some 5 rd 5.56 mags from them. They are steel and too short. Hard to remove. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom