• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Love, love, love me some Ruger PC9

Does the PC have any plastic parts ?, it cost as much as the rifle itself to get our Beretta CX4 hardened by Sierra Papa.

and come to think of it, is the accuracy of the rifle, or any 'take down' rifle affected by the barrel being removed and replaced. It would seem to me that for the performance to remain consistent the torque of attaching the barrel would have to be exactly the same as when it left the factory, IF it leaves the factory in one piece.

and come to think of it, is the accuracy of the rifle, or any 'take down' rifle affected by the barrel being removed and replaced. It would seem to me that for the performance to remain consistent the torque of attaching the barrel would have to be exactly the same as when it left the factory, IF it leaves the factory in one piece.

The 10/22 takedown has a knob you set once to adjust the barrel/receiver mating. After that it just rotates and clicks into place to where you set it. I imagine the PC9 is the same, but I can't say for sure.

I’ve not taken it apart many times and not since I put the red dot on it so I can’t comment on any accuracy degradation. It locks into place very well so I don’t see why accuracy would be affected.

If Ruger supplies different calibers in the future this would be interesting to see.

The 10/22 takedown has a knob you set once to adjust the barrel/receiver mating. After that it just rotates and clicks into place to where you set it. I imagine the PC9 is the same, but I can't say for sure.

yup same w the pc9 . can't really say as far as accuracy cause i just use mine as a plinking fun gun . haven't shot my ar's since i bought it .

I am toying with getting one as a suppressor host. Mount a DBAL to the PMM MLOK foreend and it would be a sweet night time critter gitter.

I've been considering the PC9 as a toy and in a pinch, another, coyote in the back yard gun. I've got a Aimpoint, red dot, that's been looking for a place to sit and a few Glock joy sticks that would look good in a PC9. Seems like a good, hack around, 9mm, carbine.

Last edited:
If Ruger supplies different calibers in the future this would be interesting to see.

I think .40 was is now an option. Or at least available as a complete rifle.
I have one sitting in the safe, waiting for Volquartsen and a few other manufacturers that make all the race gun stuff for the 10/22 to start on the pc9.

Fun little rifle.

I really wanted to like this but I can’t. The stock is too light for me and it doesn’t balance right.

I’m a huge Ruger fan. Maybe they’ll do a wood stock?

sucks because I haven’t heard a bad thing about them.

Back
Top Bottom