Louisiana dad shot and killed by teen who entered underage daughter's room through upstairs window, police say

Reptile

NES Member

Nicholas Mcquirter is accused of killing Dezmon Hamilton in his own home​

A Louisiana father is dead after a teenager he’d ordered to stay away from his 14-year-old daughter allegedly snuck into her bedroom window with a ladder and shot him during a confrontation, according to local police.

The Zachary Police Department said Nicholas Mcquirter, 17, allegedly shot Dezmon Hamilton, 34, multiple times. Authorities said the two exchanged gunfire and the suspect was also wounded.

Mcquirter was hospitalized in critical condition and is being charged with second-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon and possession of a stolen firearm. A booking photo was not immediately available. Police said they expected to formally arrest him once he is released from the hospital. He was not yet listed on the parish jail roster Wednesday evening.

Fox News Flash top headlines for July 21

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.
A Louisiana father is dead after a teenager he’d ordered to stay away from his 14-year-old daughter allegedly snuck into her bedroom window with a ladder and shot him during a confrontation, according to local police.
The Zachary Police Department said Nicholas Mcquirter, 17, allegedly shot Dezmon Hamilton, 34, multiple times. Authorities said the two exchanged gunfire and the suspect was also wounded.
Mcquirter was hospitalized in critical condition and is being charged with second-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon and possession of a stolen firearm. A booking photo was not immediately available. Police said they expected to formally arrest him once he is released from the hospital. He was not yet listed on the parish jail roster Wednesday evening.

GEORGIA SPA SHOOTING SUSPECT REPORTEDLY NEARS PLEA DEAL WITH SUBURBAN PROSECUTORS
It happened around 8 a.m. Monday on Hayfield Drive in Zachary.
"It starts at home," Zachary Police Chief David McDavid told local media. "These young kids gotta learn respect, how to treat people, and learn how to deal with conflict resolution."
After Hamilton caught the teen in his house, the girl’s mother and grandmother took the 14-year-old over to the side to have a talk with her, McDavid said. As that happened, Mcquirter and Hamilton got into an argument.
"And then gunshots were fired," McDavid said.
He described Hamilton, the victim, as a "young entrepreneur" who earned a living in Zachary and the surrounding communities.
A local graphic designer, Carl Gipson, wrote on Twitter that he’d done business with Hamilton.

"One of the clients of our design business, Dezmon Hamilton, was murdered Sunday morning," he wrote. "We designed the layout of a snowball stand and car wash he was building in Zachary."

He said they spoke frequently and met several times.

"At the last meeting, I just remember the look of excitement he had when he realized it was really going to happen and that he had jumped one of the final hurdles to get it done," he wrote. "This is very sad. His mother had come to a few of the meetings and she was so happy for him."

Hamilton had four children, according to a death notice placed in the Advocate. A fifth child, Dezmon Jr., died at 6 years old in 2014.

R.I.P., Dad.

You aren't 50 years from 20yo's having newborns is the norm. Late-teen people still do get pregnant. Sometimes they intend to as well.

What is going to be strange is in 10 years when that 14yo has the 62yo dad who breaks a hip in the struggle. ;)

Complete aside: Steve Rinella always talks about how his dad was in WWII. Rinella was born in 1971. Dad, youngest at 1943, had to be born in. . . 1927. Meaning his dad was 44 or older when he was born - DAMN old for that era. I was born in 69. My dad was in nothing. My grandfathers were in WWII.

You aren't 50 years from 20yo's having newborns is the norm. Late-teen people still do get pregnant. Sometimes they intend to as well.

What is going to be strange is in 10 years when that 14yo has the 62yo dad who breaks a hip in the struggle. ;)

Complete aside: Steve Rinella always talks about how his dad was in WWII. Rinella was born in 1971. Dad, youngest at 1943, had to be born in. . . 1927. Meaning his dad was 44 or older when he was born - DAMN old for that era. I was born in 69. My dad was in nothing. My grandfathers were in WWII.
I was born in 67, my dad was in WWII. He was born in 24. I was the youngest, and most likely not planned :)

He described Hamilton, the victim, as a "young entrepreneur" who earned a living in Zachary and the surrounding communities.

Translation: drug dealer or basic riff-raff

He's just tryin' to turn his life around by banging some 14yo

That is a description of the dead father, not the perp. Reading comp. fail.

17 year old paramour of 14 year old girl engages 34 year old father of four in shootout. The ages of the players! Good grief.

I see it as, a 20 yr old black man had a kid. 14 yrs later he is still living in the home with the mother and raising the child. He was waaay on the + side of that equation, statistically speaking. The fact that he didn't walk in and immediately shoot that kid in the face is telling also. I know I would have, and apparently he should have, but still...

I was born in 67, my dad was in WWII. He was born in 24. I was the youngest, and most likely not planned :)
All my brothers were 2 years apart then I was 10 after the last. Following my logic, that proves I was the only one planed................and I'm sticking to it.

I see it as, a 20 yr old black man had a kid. 14 yrs later he is still living in the home with the mother and raising the child. He was waaay on the + side of that equation, statistically speaking. The fact that he didn't walk in and immediately shoot that kid in the face is telling also. I know I would have, and apparently he should have, but still...

And still apparently trying to find a way to make his way in life and make a good living. Good for him. He's way on the plus side of the equation for a lot of reasons. Or he was - until the d-bag shot him.

I'm 64 with an 18 year old oh, and a hot young wife

I'm 57 with a 2 1/2 year old. Still looking for the hot young wife though. Or maybe not. The older I get the more I'd just like to have a nice place by a lake and a nice truck and a motorcycle. Seeing the stress that women bring into the life of a LOT of my male friends (as well as mine), I have come around to thinking true peace might be found in the absence of a female.

My 80 year old father was just telling me the other day that his wife is driving him nuts, because every 5 minutes she wants something and throws a fit if she doesn't get it. He used to like to do long projects - like work on something that might take a few days to finish. " An uninterrupted hour is a luxury these days" - is the way he put it to me.

My wife turned on that Alec Baldwin game show the other day (can't remember the name) - and Christie Brinkley was on there. I made some comment about her looking way too good for a 60 year old. And the wife said "you'd leave me in a second for her - I know it!". I just said " well actually - hasn't she been married like 5 times? I'm sure she's a friggin nightmare - I'll take a hard pass - I'm too old for that shit".

I'm 57 with a 2 1/2 year old. Still looking for the hot young wife though. Or maybe not. The older I get the more I'd just like to have a nice place by a lake and a nice truck and a motorcycle. Seeing the stress that women bring into the life of a LOT of my male friends (as well as mine), I have come around to thinking true peace might be found in the absence of a female.

My 80 year old father was just telling me the other day that his wife is driving him nuts, because every 5 minutes she wants something and throws a fit if she doesn't get it. He used to like to do long projects - like work on something that might take a few days to finish. " An uninterrupted hour is a luxury these days" - is the way he put it to me.

My wife turned on that Alec Baldwin game show the other day (can't remember the name) - and Christie Brinkley was on there. I made some comment about her looking way too good for a 60 year old. And the wife said "you'd leave me in a second for her - I know it!". I just said " well actually - hasn't she been married like 5 times? I'm sure she's a friggin nightmare - I'll take a hard pass - I'm too old for that shit".
OMG, you must be exhausted all the time. I am also 57. My youngest is 28, and my oldest is 36. My Grandsons are 3 & 6. I rarely see them but they run my wife ragged. However, I took today off so we could have a long weekend with the kids, up here in America. They're still asleep. I keep taking the squeaky balls away from my dogs, trying to get a few more minutes of solitude. Santa's Village & Clarke's Trading Post are on the agenda. Ain't getting much work done up here this weekend, but I bet I'll be exhausted come Sunday night back in the Communistwealth.

P.S. My Dad just turned 90, he tells me my Mother is driving him crazy too. Que Será, Será.

Used to be that a teen girl would get pregnant, a family would send them away to save them (and themselves) from the stigma; most would then make arrangements to bring the mother and child back under other pretexts.

Somewhere in the 60s and 70s the lives affected started being abandoned, until what was once a stigma was then codified as an effective death sentence. Doesn't matter how long it takes, whether by abortion, drugs, or gang violence, they weren't worth the effort anymore. I had three young women close to me in my teens who had kids between 16 and 17.

One's now a nurse practitioner. The second is an engineer. The third was killed by a drunk driver. But the potential was there for survival and success.

I give dad a lot of credit here. He was doing what nearly 7 out of ten dads of his race aren't. Doesn't matter what age he and his teen paramour got started back in the day- he was doing what needed to be done and didn't deserve this outcome.

But as Munny said- deserves got nothing to do with it.

My response would have been "Can she cook ?"

Back
Top Bottom